CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Still can't believe he is only 5'8" tall. He plays much taller.

However, not sure I'd be happy with him covering a 6'6" BYU receiver. Sure, I know he covered a 6'6" tight end in 1 on 1 at the opening...but that's a tight end, not a wideout. Pretty floored that no one is talking about his height.

Weak argument. Sure, I think Kawhi Leonard can guard a bigger Lebron James, but I don't know if I want him guarding Yao F'ing Ming. Come on

Weak argument

Basketball != football

Being serious. Does Bookie's size get a pass just because of his peer recruiting and awesome attitude?

Go to page 11, Post 501 and watch his tape. Worst (best) case scenario, he plays safety.

I've seen it.

College is better competition than high school. Sure, he looks good in 7 on 7...it's not the same.

Sure, he looks good having to cover some good receivers sometimes...that's not seeing a good to great receiver every single down in college ball.

What I'm saying is...he's obviously talented. He's obviously undersized. College talent is going to be a lot better than high school.

Why aren't we talking about his size being an issue?

And don't give me "it won't be"...high school film is all fine and dandy...but as we know, it does't always translate to college (in this case, It might because he really is athletic). Conversations about him being undersized (I didn't know until The Opening he was under 5'10" tall) should be happening right now and they're not. I want to know why....'because of his film' isn't a valid in my opinion.

In other words, is anyone at all...be honest...worried about him going up vs a 6'4" receiver who can run? I am.

Not at all. In this class we also have a taller corner in Williams, and possibly Tutt or Griffith. Coach Williams will figure out where to fit him. Why be worried about a recruit who the best high school scouts are calling a stud?

Go check out our offensive and defensive recruiting the past few years if you want something to worry about.

However, not sure I'd be happy with him covering a 6'6" BYU receiver. Sure, I know he covered a 6'6" tight end in 1 on 1 at the opening...but that's a tight end, not a wideout. Pretty floored that no one is talking about his height.

Weak argument. Sure, I think Kawhi Leonard can guard a bigger Lebron James, but I don't know if I want him guarding Yao F'ing Ming. Come on

Weak argument

Basketball != football

Being serious. Does Bookie's size get a pass just because of his peer recruiting and awesome attitude?

Go to page 11, Post 501 and watch his tape. Worst (best) case scenario, he plays safety.

I've seen it.

College is better competition than high school. Sure, he looks good in 7 on 7...it's not the same.

Sure, he looks good having to cover some good receivers sometimes...that's not seeing a good to great receiver every single down in college ball.

What I'm saying is...he's obviously talented. He's obviously undersized. College talent is going to be a lot better than high school.

And don't give me "it won't be"...high school film is all fine and dandy...but as we know, it does't always translate to college (in this case, It might because he really is athletic). Conversations about him being undersized (I didn't know until The Opening he was under 5'10" tall) should be happening right now and they're not. I want to know why....'because of his film' isn't a valid in my opinion.

In other words, is anyone at all...be honest...worried about him going up vs a 6'4" receiver who can run? I am.

You should probably check his film and level of competition again. He dominated FNL last year and again this year. He dominated the Opening. He has played against great competition and will continue to do so at IMG. Everything on him confirms he plays with great instinct and technique - that alleviates a lot of concern relating to his size. If his film won't alleviate your concerns then nothing will, so any conversation with you is probably for not....

Weak argument

Basketball != football

Maybe a better question is why do the taller corners get a pass? I'll take whichever guy is the best corner period.

• Fire 1

Weak argument

Basketball != football

I've seen it.

We know HS and college are different, but this kid basically plays at a college in IMG and dominates. He is at the opening going against better wr than you will see in the big ten save psu, osu, and mich and dominates. I could see you concern if he was playing at a small midwest

Hs, bUT he is going against the best in a setting where the offense is supposed to win and dominating. If you can shut down guys during 1 V 1 and 7 on 7, the games will be easy. Your evaluation or thought/concerns on this guy are bogus.

Weak argument

Basketball != football

I've seen it.

You should probably check his film and level of competition again. He dominated FNL last year and again this year. He dominated the Opening. He has played against great competition and will continue to do so at IMG. Everything on him confirms he plays with great instinct and technique - that alleviates a lot of concern relating to his size. If his film won't alleviate your concerns then nothing will, so any conversation with you is probably for not....

Please read all of my comment before replying?

I did. Perhaps you should re-read mine. He has film and has been evaluated against elite receivers at numerous events (many of which are 6'4). Instincts and technique make up for his height. Like I said, any conversation with you will be meaningless.

Weak argument

Basketball != football

I've seen it.

In all of the camp highlights i've seen of Bookie I don't think i've seen him get beat deep (I could be wrong on this). It seems to me he will be content with you catching a 5 yard out or slant on him multiple times because he's gonna jump one of those and take it for 6 the other way. Also, not many teams throw multiple WR out there who are 6'4 and can run. As mentioned before, Lamar probably draws the matchup with the 6'4 guy with Bookie getting the smaller of the 2.

His anticipation and knowledge of what the route should be help him tremendously. Plus when you pair him with 2 potential athletic safeties that can cover his deep routes it makes him that much more dangerous jumping those short routes.

In no way am I worried about Bookie. Will he have some learning experiences along the way? Absolutely. Just as any freshman would. But this kid is going to make an impact one way or another in a lot of games for us in 2018.

• Fire 1

Weak argument

Basketball != football

I've seen it.

Not at all. In this class we also have a taller corner in Williams, and possibly Tutt or Griffith. Coach Williams will figure out where to fit him. Why be worried about a recruit who the best high school scouts are calling a stud?

Go check out our offensive and defensive recruiting the past few years if you want something to worry about.

Tutt may be a 1/4 of an inch taller. I prove that in the picture a page ago. I aint worried about their height unless he was like 5'6 5'5 or some thing. 5'9 and can jump is just fine .

He was standing on his tippy toes then I've met him. Guy was small. Moral of the story it's not the size that matters it's alot more than that

I agree, I'm just saying. Keep in mind that I was wrong about the same thing earlier in this same thread when I thought bookie was taller than he is lol.

He was standing on his tippy toes then I've met him. Guy was small. Moral of the story it's not the size that matters it's alot more than that

I agree, I'm just saying. Keep in mind that I was wrong about the same thing earlier in this same thread when I thought bookie was taller than he is lol.
Dennard was also likely 22-23 years old at the combine. Bookie is 17-18.
  • Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic