CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

Any updates from anyone in regards to Bookie? I noticed yesterday he was the only commit who did not post his official offer tag.

Also I saw a VIP article the other day talking about Florida talking to him but I couldnt read it.

$EC

Money talks, dude went from being as solid as can be and constantly peer recruiting to dead quiet with only subtle hints and retweets of pro-Florida stuff.

His profile picture has him throwing the bones and his commitment video is pinned. Pump the breaks on freaking out.

Something is definitely off. It may not amount to anything. But I thought it was odd he was "liking" pro-florida comments and he was not "liking" things posted by Parsons and Joshua Moore around the same time that were pro-nebraska comments. Its hard to peer recruit if you are acting hesitant. Joshua Moore came out after the rumors and said nope I am 1000% nebraska. Bookie leaves vague comments like Mute all false speculation. So is he really interested in Florida or is he a 17 year old guy soaking up the attention?

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2017/7/27/16022146/rueben-unije-img-houston-griffith-daniel-faalele

Brendan Radley-Hiles, four-star DB (Nebraska commit)

What he said: The last time Radley-Hiles was at Nebraska was for Friday Night Lights, in late June. He says he is “100 percent” committed to Nebraska, and is openly recruiting others to the school.

But other schools are still after him.

“Florida came the hardest, Louisville the second, and UCLA the third,” he said.

I asked Radley-Hiles, who had been goofing around and putting on hats like Florida and UCLA earlier during a photo shoot, if there was a school with a legitimate shot to flip him.

“A shot to flip me? I don’t think so,” Radley-Hiles said. “If you really want me to say one, I guess I could say ... nah, there really isn’t one,” he said, not wanting to create fake drama.

What his teammates said: Most did not feel he would flip anywhere, but T.K. Chimedza said Radley-Hiles was a potential flip candidate to Florida or UCLA.

Read this again.

I am sure he is 100%. I just think its odd he is the only commit who did not post his nebraska offer tag. 9/10 did. Its a small thing, but the timing of it has to be looked at with all the rumors swirling. Come monday when Cameron Brown probably commits to Nebraska I will be looking for 2 things and if they dont happen I cant help but scratch my head a little harder.

1. Bookie is the peer recruiting master right, our last few commits he has been in the know and posts a tweet with N about an hour before commitment. See if that happens.

2. If 1 doesnt happen, lets see if he comments or re-tweets or comments at all about being jacked up about another big pick up for the 18 class.

Like I said above, I think he is coming to Nebraska and wont flip for anyone. I look at actions more than words. How many coaches in the last 10 years have had a press conference swearing loyalty to their school. Then a month later they are working somewhere else.

I am sure he is 100%. I just think its odd he is the only commit who did not post his nebraska offer tag. 9/10 did. Its a small thing, but the timing of it has to be looked at with all the rumors swirling. Come monday when Cameron Brown probably commits to Nebraska I will be looking for 2 things and if they dont happen I cant help but scratch my head a little harder.

1. Bookie is the peer recruiting master right, our last few commits he has been in the know and posts a tweet with N about an hour before commitment. See if that happens.

2. If 1 doesnt happen, lets see if he comments or re-tweets or comments at all about being jacked up about another big pick up for the 18 class.

Like I said above, I think he is coming to Nebraska and wont flip for anyone. I look at actions more than words. How many coaches in the last 10 years have had a press conference swearing loyalty to their school. Then a month later they are working somewhere else.

So are tweets actions or words?

Lets start off by saying football season hasnt started so we all invest too much in analyzing recruiting.

I would say tweets lean more towards action due to the fact they dont have to tweet or like those items. He chose to re-tweet florida tweets and he chose to not re-tweet nebraska tweets from the same time frame. He chose to put on a florida hat. He chose to not tweet his nebraska offer tag.

Of course in an interview he is going to say the right things. Do you really think he was going to say anything other than 100%, like yeah I am like 20% considering florida? Come on.

I am looking at the things he does when he is not prompted for a canned response like an interview. The problem is he isnt doing anything and he used to be the first to comment or tweet on ALL things pro nebraska to sell the brand.

Another way to look at it. If i show up to work wearing our direct competitions T-Shirt with their logo on it. I am pretty sure I should expect my boss to come up to me and say what the hell are you doing.

Ok. If that's the example you're using, then technically Bookie doesn't work for Nebraska yet.

Your missing the point. When your committed to something or a team, you promote that product not someone else's or it looks shady. simple as that

Huskers93-97 you have a far too ideological and impractical view of the purity of recruiting.

A player is not committed until they sign their NLI. Anything before that is a sign of good faith with a verbal nod.These recruits also do not owe us any loyalty of any kind - they give it freely so long as they want to.

"This is what Husker fans do in the offseason." Yeah, because you choose to. Doesn't have to be that way. Nobody has to be obsessing over the trivial decisions of high school boys.

• Fire 2

Still wouldn't say I'm concerned but there are just more little things that - by themselves - wouldn't mean much but when you start putting them all together they just seem .... odd.

The Florida hat thing didn't really bother me but I thought there would be a better explanation than "I just did it." Not as much NU run in his Twitter feed and more Florida run. And I don't know why he would take "Nebraska commit" out of his Twitter profile.

Like I said, just seems really strange for a guy who was all but an extra recruiter not too long ago. And may still be. But it just seems odd.

• Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic