CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

1 hour ago, Landlord of Memorial Stadium said:

I am sure that Keyshawn not being here plays a role. I am also sure that all these kids talk amongst each other all the time, and there is plenty of stuff going on in conversations and developments that isn't public record.

KJJ will be back on campus the same time Bookie would be coming.

I have a feeling being at IMG and some of their coaching staff could be playing a role.

8 hours ago, huskerguy said:

KJJ will be back on campus the same time Bookie would be coming.

I have a feeling being at IMG and some of their coaching staff could be playing a role.

Staff is made up of guys from Indiana, head coach sent most of his players during his first big run on the national scene at Warren central in indianapolis to B1G schools. Even have one of his former players on our roster now from when he coached at carmel. Db coach is from vtech. Wr coach is former Mr Indiana that played sparingly at Purdue. Not a bunch of Florida connects there. Doesn't mean they aren't pro Florida now being in their backyard but I don't think they are pushing Florida on him

Questions that have me concerned. 

1) why did he go from very outspoken about Nebraska and clearly openly recruiting guys to us on social media... to very quiet about us on social media and not publicly mentioning our last commit. 

2) what did Florida or fans or recruits tell him that has him now conflicted and not as sure about us as he once was and talking to their coaches everyday? 

3) why would he troll everyone just for fun? It doesn't seem like him to do that nor has it been any sort of pattern in the past. 

4) he hasn't verbally stated an NU visit date for fall or confirmed one with recruiting site though several of his peers have. Nor has he said he has shut recruiting down. 

I realize most analysts arent aren't ultimately concerned, but this smoke is very concerning to me. I hope the coaches have an accurate read on this and are talking to him daily as well. 

A few weeks ago a few guys on here stated bookie is still peer recruiting, does anyone have any examples or heard of any peer recruiting done by bookie in the last 2-3 weeks? 

Aside from a reporter asking a canned question and bookie giving a  canned response. Good evidence would be say micah parsons telling reporter bookie coming after him still, or parsons high school teammate saying the same. Looking for someone to confirm. That would make me believe he still trending Nebraska 

2 hours ago, girlknowsfootball said:

Questions that have me concerned. 

1) why did he go from very outspoken about Nebraska and clearly openly recruiting guys to us on social media... to very quiet about us on social media and not publicly mentioning our last commit. 

2) what did Florida or fans or recruits tell him that has him now conflicted and not as sure about us as he once was and talking to their coaches everyday? 

3) why would he troll everyone just for fun? It doesn't seem like him to do that nor has it been any sort of pattern in the past. 

4) he hasn't verbally stated an NU visit date for fall or confirmed one with recruiting site though several of his peers have. Nor has he said he has shut recruiting down. 

I realize most analysts arent aren't ultimately concerned, but this smoke is very concerning to me. I hope the coaches have an accurate read on this and are talking to him daily as well. 

1,2,3 are all great question marks. I don't believe he will flip, I just think Florida is putting questions in his head. However, if he does, I hope he does it early rather than in December.

Has anyone considered maybe it's not what Florida is doing but maybe something happened with Nebraska. Bookie started being interested in Florida the same time Matt corral committed. It was rumored corral may be good fit for Nebraska. Maybe bookie vouched for his character and we passed anyway. 

I know it might be a bit of a reach I just don't see any way based on how solid he was that he would waiver unless something happened with us. 

2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Has anyone considered maybe it's not what Florida is doing but maybe something happened with Nebraska. Bookie started being interested in Florida the same time Matt corral committed. It was rumored corral may be good fit for Nebraska. Maybe bookie vouched for his character and we passed anyway. 

I know it might be a bit of a reach I just don't see any way based on how solid he was that he would waiver unless something happened with us. 

I do not want Corral at Nebraska. 

Anybody think the kid is just maybe focused on his senior year and his current fb team?  His perceived lack of pro-NE activity during his IMG season should be expected and admired.  He's an 18 year old senior going into his final season at a high profile school.  He committed early in order to be able to focus on this season.  

Is he being courted by FSU and others - hell yeah.  Do I trust in his relationship with Riley & Riley's wife, his cousin Tyjon, his mom's opinion of the team and the coaching staff, his long term relationship with Coach Williams, his experiences in the past with the FB community etc etc - yes.  And I trust this group of coaches knows what they're doing and it's not not calling him often and reminding him why he's loved UNL in the past and what his future looks like here.

I wish he had announced his visit date (Has he announced visits to others?  Don't think so but maybe I"m wrong), I wish he had tweeted his offer, I wish he had been involved in congratulating the new recruit etc.  But that's MY issue.  Not his.  Please, lets chill out on this thread of speculation and get it back to his films, stats etc.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Anybody think the kid is just maybe focused on his senior year and his current fb team?  His perceived lack of pro-NE activity during his IMG season should be expected and admired.  He's an 18 year old senior going into his final season at a high profile school.  He committed early in order to be able to focus on this season.  

That's possible.  But it wouldn't explain why he removed "Nebraska commit" from his Twitter profile or other recruits trying to get him to "stick with the plan."

And I think he committed early to help build the Nebraska class. Not to enjoy his season at IMG. I actually believe he said going to IMG was to help prep him for college. So if both of those things were to prep you to get to Nebraska and bring as much talent with you as possible. Why stop peer recruiting and spreading to good word about Nebraska 

• Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic