CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

2 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I don't think he's gone either.

I am hopeful he is N too.  He certainly has invested more time and energy in Nebraska than your average commit.  With that said, there is always a pattern of commits following the trend of the current team's season, and if a team is doing well and ranked well and getting a lot of publicity, that tends to do just as much to lock in a commit as the coaches keeping the relationship form.  Where it gets awkward is when the coach keeps the relationship going, yet the current team is underperforming and there begin to be questions about the coach's job security.  That is when a recruit starts to shop around, or if they were already shopping around, to then consider making a switch.  

12 hours ago, bnilhome said:

I totally agree. If this class ends up in the mid 20s as we have seen for so many years, and we finish 8-4 or worse, Riley will have essentially done nothing to improve the program, while we see coaching changes at Michigan, Penn State, Wisconson, and Maryland all go well. 

Except not be an asshat on national TV every week and make people cringe with sideline antics.  

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Except not be an asshat on national TV every week and make people cringe with sideline antics.  

I didnt know I needed to clarify from a football results perspective.  I would rather have a hard-nosed coach (doesnt mean to Pelinis level) that can be rough around the edges but takes the program to the next level vs a Mr. Rogers type that is really nice but runs a medicore program. I have not given up on Riley yet, but year 3 is when a new coach is expected to start taking the program to the next level. If Riley can finish 10-2 I would count that as a step forward. If 9-3 or 8-4 the results are no difft than his predecessor. Anything below that is time to assess if he should get a 4th year. So to get back to recruits like Bookie, if Riley can end up with a top 10 or 12 class and only finish 7-5, the recruiting might warrant a 4th year.

4 minutes ago, bnilhome said:

I didnt know I needed to clarify from a football results perspective.  I would rather have a hard-nosed coach (doesnt mean to Pelinis level) that can be rough around the edges but takes the program to the next level vs a Mr. Rogers type that is really nice but runs a medicore program. I have not given up on Riley yet, but year 3 is when a new coach is expected to start taking the program to the next level. If Riley can finish 10-2 I would count that as a step forward. If 9-3 or 8-4 the results are no difft than his predecessor. Anything below that is time to assess if he should get a 4th year. So to get back to recruits like Bookie, if Riley can end up with a top 10 or 12 class and only finish 7-5, the recruiting might warrant a 4th year.

Fair enough, but if we are destined to be #9wins forever, then I'd rather have a Riley demeanor than an Pelini demeanor.

• Plus1 2

On 9/10/2017 at 11:10 AM, MattyIce said:

CB to clemson from Clemson writer.

Particular writer is 13/18 in predictions in 2018. Also, gave no reason for prediction.

A clemson writer who has been 13/18 this year, im sure mostly about clemson commits, isnt a big worry. Putting in CBs for guys to clemson who have visited is going to give you a pretty good average. They are the defending NCs, and they are on a big uptick, so lots of guys who have been offered and visited are going to commit. But also, putting in that CB for Bookie is gonna get him some increased traffic to his site and social media. 

• Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic