CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

83 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/08/2018 at 02:55 AM

23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

All schools do this, no?  And not sure we can throw stones.  Coach Dub's kid transferred in.  In the past we've had 3 Cottons and a Pelini on the team.

*shrugs* I agree this seems to be pretty common place in the sports arena and frankly, it's hard to fault the coaches.  Coaching is a huge time commitment and if I had the ability to get my kid's tuition paid for and get the opportunity to spend time with my son/daughter doing something we both loved, I'd do it too.  Due to the visibility of it, coaching definitely seems more like a 'who do you know' industry versus others.  

6 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

I believe Edison is referring to this paragraph from the blog (Edison, please correct me if I'm wrong).

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-brendan-radley-hiles-irm-clemson-visit

"It’s also so family-oriented at Clemson. Coach Swinney has two kids on the team, and his younger sons are the little ball boys on the side of the field running around. The president of the school has a son on staff as a graduate assistant. Coach Venables’ son is committed in my class to play linebacker at Clemson. Coach Bates actually went to Clemson and met his wife there. Coach Reed also met his wife there."

I believe what Edison is getting at is the coaches and university leadership is using their positions of power to give their kids opportunities they may (or may not) be able to attain without their parents in their respective positions.

Yep, that's what I was referring to. Whether they're winning or not, that's not necessarily above criticism. Lord knows we all criticize the SEC all the time. But to say they have a family-like atmosphere would be because they actually have family everywhere.

Around these parts, there's Keyan Williams and... nothing else that I'm aware of. Maybe someone else can comment with anything else.

Pelini's staff and roster decisions have no bearing in this matter for the Riley crew.

Creating a family-like atmosphere without the family members around should be more desirable. Even though you may not have family (although Bookie has Tyjon), you'll still feel at home and welcome.

6 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

The Clemson guy who predicted Bookie to flip finally gave an explanation. He said Bookie is excited to bring his mom for an official visit. But the rest of it just sounds like wishful thinking. I was worried there was more smoke than what he offered haha.

I haven't researched it but I bet he didn't get a Bookie to N prediction in when he committed, therefore he can predict him to Clemson and get a ton of "points" if it happens and lose nothing if doesn't.

• Plus1 2

• Mavric changed the title to CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Oklahoma - Signed LOI]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic