Mavric

CB Brendan Radley-Hiles [Nebraska Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

148 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Radley-Hiles commit?

• Nebraska
    • UCLA
    • USC
    • Arizona
    • Utah
    • Michigan State
    • Alabama
    • Florida

Vince R.    130
6 minutes ago, lo country said:

If one were take off their rose colored glasses, IMHO, he is saying that he is opening up his recruiting, please respect my decision when and if I change commitments.  I still have NU on my list, but there are many other schools that offer incredible opportunities as well.  In particular, 3 of those listed above will probably win or at least play for the MNC in the next few years....

I just don't see him coming here. That's just me.  If I hadn't read/heard all the hype and simply read this latest blog, I would think that he was writing this to whatever school he originally committed to.  Maybe I'm reading to much, but I don't think he signs.  No knock on anything NU has or hasn't done save we are a mediocre program at the current time.  Again, looking at two games into the Diaco turn around, we are performing worse than under Banker and pass D is non-existent.  This kid is a lock down DB.  Plays physical, in your face.  Watching the teams listed above, NU is the least likely to have that style of D (after 2 games)...

I truly hope he comes here. He is the type of defender who can turn a program around with his personality, work ethic and sheer athletic abilities.....Best of luck wherever he chooses. If not NU, I hope its Clemson (my 2nd team I follow).

A few weeks ago,  I almost typed this exact same thing. He is basically walking Nebraska into a break up rather than abruptly ending it. 

Rike Miley    1,837

Redux, what is your insider saying, if anything?  Hes been pretty much 100% right with all his info dating back to last year.

Huskers93-97    18

someone asked me this the other day so thought I would throw it out there. May just be a worthless thought but it caused me to pause hindsight and say hmm. Bookie started to distance himself shortly after Friday night lights. Crystals were flooding for tutt and Griffith with a few crystals for pledger to flip leading to FNL. Usually when you see crystals fly that fast someone is bout to commit - word is out. But none of them did or have to date and bookie is getting distant. Did something happen to make guys question coming? Bookie was super vocal leading up to FNL then got pretty quiet 

BlitzFirst    967
4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Yeah, we're currently talking about his latest blog.  Have you read it?

You mean the one where he didn't have a game so he went to Clemson with 2 other teammates who were going? 

Sure I've read it.  Pretty good take on Clemson and he's still committed to us after the visit.  He'll be taking all his officials...hopefully, you guys don't pitch a fit when he talks about each one after he visits each time.

Huskinator    210
1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

You mean the one where he didn't have a game so he went to Clemson with 2 other teammates who were going? 

Sure I've read it.  Pretty good take on Clemson and he's still committed to us after the visit.  He'll be taking all his officials...hopefully, you guys don't pitch a fit when he talks about each one after he visits each time.

If he breaths wrong they freak out.   I've never seen so much over reaction from grown men 

Moiraine    5,476
4 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

If he breaths wrong they freak out.   I've never seen so much over reaction from grown men 

Have you watched pro sports before?

Red Five    2,841
21 minutes ago, Huskinator said:

The vast majority of responses in this thread to his last blog have been very measured.  Not sure where the freak out is coming from?

MyBloodIsRed16    176

Has nobody learned anything from the last 3+ years when our biggest recruit flips or doesn't commit at the last minute or plays baseball..  nothing you can do about it so just take it as it comes 

Edison's Enemy    390
6 hours ago, huskerguy said:

He also gushed over the Clemson staff and the family feel. That was always his big talking point for liking Nebraska.

I would like to think he's smart enough to realize the difference between a family-like environment and nepotism.

Red Five    2,841
8 hours ago, Edison's Enemy said:

I would like to think he's smart enough to realize the difference between a family-like environment and nepotism.

I'm lost here, go on...

Xmas32    177
19 minutes ago, Red Five said:

I'm lost here, go on...

I believe Edison is referring to this paragraph from the blog (Edison, please correct me if I'm wrong).

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-brendan-radley-hiles-irm-clemson-visit

"It’s also so family-oriented at Clemson. Coach Swinney has two kids on the team, and his younger sons are the little ball boys on the side of the field running around. The president of the school has a son on staff as a graduate assistant. Coach Venables’ son is committed in my class to play linebacker at Clemson. Coach Bates actually went to Clemson and met his wife there. Coach Reed also met his wife there."

I believe what Edison is getting at is the coaches and university leadership is using their positions of power to give their kids opportunities they may (or may not) be able to attain without their parents in their respective positions.

Huskinator    210
4 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

I believe Edison is referring to this paragraph from the blog (Edison, please correct me if I'm wrong).

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/nebraska-brendan-radley-hiles-irm-clemson-visit

"It’s also so family-oriented at Clemson. Coach Swinney has two kids on the team, and his younger sons are the little ball boys on the side of the field running around. The president of the school has a son on staff as a graduate assistant. Coach Venables’ son is committed in my class to play linebacker at Clemson. Coach Bates actually went to Clemson and met his wife there. Coach Reed also met his wife there."

I believe what Edison is getting at is the coaches and university leadership is using their positions of power to give their kids opportunities they may (or may not) be able to attain without their parents in their respective positions.

If the program wasn't successful as of late, id agree with him...... they are winning so it's a reach. 

Red Five    2,841
36 minutes ago, Xmas32 said:

All schools do this, no?  And not sure we can throw stones.  Coach Dub's kid transferred in.  In the past we've had 3 Cottons and a Pelini on the team.

Huskers93-97    18

I think it is a fair observation, just because they are winning and successful right now doesn't mean they are exempt from criticism. Even if other schools do the same thing it doesn't mean that's not what's going on. 

Pedro Guerrero    393
26 minutes ago, Red Five said:

All schools do this, no?  And not sure we can throw stones.  Coach Dub's kid transferred in.  In the past we've had 3 Cottons and a Pelini on the team.

Ferentz hired his son as his OC and the DC Parker also has a son on the staff.  I agree the nepotism thing happens everywhere in college football.

Xmas32    177
23 minutes ago, Red Five said:

*shrugs* I agree this seems to be pretty common place in the sports arena and frankly, it's hard to fault the coaches.  Coaching is a huge time commitment and if I had the ability to get my kid's tuition paid for and get the opportunity to spend time with my son/daughter doing something we both loved, I'd do it too.  Due to the visibility of it, coaching definitely seems more like a 'who do you know' industry versus others.  

Edison's Enemy    390
6 hours ago, Xmas32 said:

Yep, that's what I was referring to. Whether they're winning or not, that's not necessarily above criticism. Lord knows we all criticize the SEC all the time. But to say they have a family-like atmosphere would be because they actually have family everywhere.

Around these parts, there's Keyan Williams and... nothing else that I'm aware of. Maybe someone else can comment with anything else.

Pelini's staff and roster decisions have no bearing in this matter for the Riley crew.

Creating a family-like atmosphere without the family members around should be more desirable. Even though you may not have family (although Bookie has Tyjon), you'll still feel at home and welcome.

NM11046    1,712

Good lord - can we take the nepotism/talent/bs to a separate thread?  This one is designed to freak out about Bookie leaving us.

Huskinator    210
2 hours ago, NM11046 said:

Good lord - can we take the nepotism/talent/bs to a separate thread?  This one is designed to freak out about Bookie leaving us.

I giggled 

Caliborn72    62

The Clemson guy who predicted Bookie to flip finally gave an explanation. He said Bookie is excited to bring his mom for an official visit. But the rest of it just sounds like wishful thinking. I was worried there was more smoke than what he offered haha.

Warrior10    1,689
6 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

The Clemson guy who predicted Bookie to flip finally gave an explanation. He said Bookie is excited to bring his mom for an official visit. But the rest of it just sounds like wishful thinking. I was worried there was more smoke than what he offered haha.

I haven't researched it but I bet he didn't get a Bookie to N prediction in when he committed, therefore he can predict him to Clemson and get a ton of "points" if it happens and lose nothing if doesn't.

spurs1990    536
12 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

I didn't look hard, but I didn't see his pinned commitment tweet.  Is it still on his page?

His commitment video is still pinned

SUHperman    321
13 minutes ago, TherealTomOsborne said:

I didn't look hard, but I didn't see his pinned commitment tweet.  Is it still on his page?

Still there.

Huskers93-97    18

Where did you see that warrior? 

The reason i ask is because i saw this post by someone else 

"I'm watching Big Red Wrap Up and Bookie was on via phone call. When asked if he was still coming to NU he said he didn't know"

Rike Miley    1,837
2 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Where did you see that warrior? 

The reason i ask is because i saw this post by someone else 

"I'm watching Big Red Wrap Up and Bookie was on via phone call. When asked if he was still coming to NU he said he didn't know"

He never said that...

Rike Miley    1,837
1 minute ago, wiuhusker said:

Weren't Bookie's quotes in the LJS story taken straight from the BRW interview?

Two separate interviews

Huskinator    210
4 hours ago, Rike Miley said:

He never said that...

I was gonna say!!!!!   Where did you hear the "I don't know quote" from.