Next year...

Won't all the other teams that had freshmen be better too?

To answer your question:

if you are saying the team will be better - that depends on who they loss as seniors

if you are saying will the freshman get better - then YES

However, Do all teams in the Big Ten have as many freshman in key spots as NU.

Next year? Are we not planning to win the B1G tourney and secure out automatic bid? :lol:

The 11 seed is actually the best possible draw for us at this point. Wouldnt be surprised if we win 2-3 in the conference tourney

Look again... Purdue is the 6th seed now, which would make them our second round opponent

To answer your question:

if you are saying the team will be better - that depends on who they loss as seniors

Maybe...and they have sophs/juniors too...

Next year? Are we not planning to win the B1G tourney and secure out automatic bid? :lol:

The 11 seed is actually the best possible draw for us at this point. Wouldnt be surprised if we win 2-3 in the conference tourney

Are we going to play in the women's bracket ?

I don't think so mcgiggles....

It would be Christmas miracle if we win one game next week. 3 would take an act of God.

To answer your question:

Freshman or not, the point is other teams will get "better" as well. So, you have to ask yourself this... Do you think our freshman will improve that much that they can overcome other teams players growth? Also, is our coaches good enough to develop our players enough to matter?

I say, no, Tim is not good enough to do just that. The freshman have gotten better this year, true, but it has been fairly normal improvement. What I mean is the improvement is normal for freshman that are playing as much as they are.

To answer your question:

Freshman or not, the point is other teams will get "better" as well. So, you have to ask yourself this... Do you think our freshman will improve that much that they can overcome other teams players growth? Also, is our coaches good enough to develop our players enough to matter?

I say, no, Tim is not good enough to do just that. The freshman have gotten better this year, true, but it has been fairly normal improvement. What I mean is the improvement is normal for freshman that are playing as much as they are.

Phil Beckner

"Phil is one of the best player development coaches I have ever worked with. His knowledge of the game and his ability to motivate players truly separates him. I still train with him every off season and I'm better because of it. I've never met someone who is as passionate as him about getting the absolute best out of people and not just on the court. I would not have made the changes I made as far as maturity goes nor would I be in the NBA if I hadn't met Phil... And that's real"

-- Portland Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard

• Fire 1

To answer your question:

Not always true - some teams will get worse because the talent leaving (seniors) outweighs the one year growth of the remaining players and incoming freshman ability. Obviously some teams will stay the same because the two halves of the equation are equal.

How is it that Tim Miles in NOT GOOD ENOUGH, however you go on to say the growth of our freshman "has been fairly normal improvement". That would make me think that Tim Miles must be "fairly normal" when it comes to improving talent.

Not sure what you expect for a team that has no history of being elite. I will gladly take a coach that has recruited better then any husker coach in history and is fairly normal in player development. Add some good assistants and the facility that the admin has given the program and we have a chance to crack the top 20 and reach the top third in the big ten. Again not happening today, however there are signs that we are heading in the correct direction.

I think this is a safe guess for next year.

Teams that will be better: OSU, Wisconsin, Illinois, Nebraska

Teams that will be worse: Iowa, Maryland and Purdue

Teams that will be about the same: MSU, Indiana (This one could be tricky, they lose a lot but they have some studs), Minny, Rutgers, NW, PSU, Michigan

Now...the teams that will be "better" might not be greatly improved but they should be better...the teams that will be worse might just be a bit worse...

NU loses their best offensive player and thier best defensive player but has improved recruiting and will see a jump in ability next year be it untested and in some cases raw. I don't think the talent upgrade puts them in the top half of B1G but they could be coached up? Top half finish should be a goal at this point.

Are we going to play in the women's bracket ?

I don't think so mcgiggles....

It would be Christmas miracle if we win one game next week. 3 would take an act of God.

Oh ye of little faith. What was that you said about a Christmas miracle for one win? Two wins must have you aghast.