OU to B1G? Media Friend Says There Are Talks

If they do add another from the eastern side, my money is on Virginia.

The GOR from the ACC might be difficult to get out of

Main reason I don't see Clemson ever joining the SEC. I don't think we go through the hassle of a GOR just to get an ACC basketball team, but if we did I think it would be UVA.

If they do add another from the eastern side, my money is on Virginia.

The GOR from the ACC might be difficult to get out of

While I agree that the GOR would be an issue, all contracts can be negotiated, even after the fact. If UVA really wanted to leave the ACC, they'd come up with a way to do it. But I don't see them leaving. VT, FSU, and Miami are relative newcomers to the ACC and might leave, but the old guard isn't likely to bail.

Oklahoma is not and has never been AAU, a sticking point for B1G presidents in the past.

We all know they voted NU in with knowledge that we were losing AAU status. Heck, some of their own votes were responsible for NU losing that very status.

I have no idea what would happen with OU, but I imagine Delany is working hard to help them understand that OU has closed the gap considerably and that inevitably compromises will be necessary if expansion continues--and if the B1G hopes to land teams that generate viewers and money. How gray the line is and how sharp is an interesting question. There must be factor(s) that are changing as the years go by.

Aren't Oklahomas academics garbage? Or am I thinking of a different school?

You're thinking of Okie lite
Actually if you really want to get an education in Oklahoma you would go to Okie St. If you want to party go to OU.

But with that being said OSU is not the Harvard of the southern plains.

Actually if you really want to get an education in Oklahoma you would go to Okie St. If you want to party go to OU.

Multiple sources have OU ranked higher academically than okie st. Also I've heard rumors about how one of the main reasons why the OU-UT to the PAC deal didn't work out was because not only did UT back out, but also because the California schools and Washington didn't like the idea of being in the same conference as osu.

In regards to partying and being an academically prestigious school, just look at the University of Iowa and Illinois :)

I think that if this domino falls it will be the last nail in the coffin for the Big 12. I mean how do they respond? They aren't keen on adding anyone.

Texas, Tech, Baylor and TCU to the Pac 12

Okie State I could see follow maybe, think an SEC offer is wishful thinking.

Kansas hopfefully would be OU's partner, if not they could end up in the ACC with KSU maybe.

ISU is screwed.

Multiple sources have OU ranked higher academically than okie st. Also I've heard rumors about how one of the main reasons why the OU-UT to the PAC deal didn't work out was because not only did UT back out, but also because the California schools and Washington didn't like the idea of being in the same conference as osu.

In regards to partying and being an academically prestigious school, just look at the University of Iowa and Illinois :)

I stand corrected, this is what I have always been told.

• Fire 1

I don't see the Big12 completely crumbling as you say Redux.

I see a Big 8 if anything happens.

Stays:

ISU

Texas

Texas Tech

Oklahoma St.

Baylor

TCU

K-State

WV

Gone:

Oklahoma (B10)

Kansas (B10)

We are on the verge of 16 team conferences. If the Big 12 falls to 8 teams they are screwed. Without the money OU brings in, they won't survive unless they expand. And adding mid majors will not cut it.

Ultimately, Texas would probably want to bail if OU left. They have fallen to middle of the pack in a watered down league.

I don't see the Big12 completely crumbling as you say Redux.

I see a Big 8 if anything happens.

Stays:

ISU

Texas

Texas Tech

Oklahoma St.

Baylor

TCU

K-State

WV

Gone:

Oklahoma (B10)

Kansas (B10)

We are on the verge of 16 team conferences. If the Big 12 falls to 8 teams they are screwed. Without the money OU brings in, they won't survive unless they expand. And adding mid majors will not cut it.

Ultimately, Texas would probably want to bail if OU left. They have fallen to middle of the pack in a watered down league.

Teams that the Big 12 could pull into the league IMO would be Houston, BYU, Colorado St. and BSU. Those schools could/would be competitive in the conference. BSU actually plays a lot of Olympic Sports and is fairly good at them.