Huskers Decline Further Postseason Play

Interesting.

I'm assuming it mostly has to do with playing three B1G tournament games, as we sounded like we were really trying to get in any tournament a week ago. Possibly even had some "agreement" from the conference that we could play in a lesser tournament if we only had 1-2 B1G tournament games.

At any rate, just missed out on a chance for a couple more records. But congrats and thanks to these two.

• Fire 1

I'm guessing it was a combination of things: Player fatigue, losing record, skeptical B10, non-unanamous player buy-in, etc.

I've also heard it cost $50 grand to buy your way into the Vegas field and $40 grand to host a CBI event. (That shouldn't be an issue because even if they only sold 10,000 at $15 per, the $150,000 plus concessions and parking would make it fiscally feasible).

But, as a season ticket holder, I was offered the option to pre-buy up to 5 games with a deadline of last Sunday. Yesterday, I received a mailing with the same offer (but still with the March 6 deadline...which did't make anyone in the ticket office look particularly competent). I might also guess the fan response was more dismal than predicted so that might have been a factor.

I had also heard (no verification) that they wanted assurances that they wouldn't be put in a bracket with UNO and didn't receive it. That would have been a no-win situation for them.

Who knows, but the announcement yesterday flew in the face of the comments by players immediately after the Maryland loss which indicated at least some players wanted to continue.

• Fire 1

Just relaying observations by a media guy:

Was told administration had no issue with financial impact.

Coaching staff still wanted more games.

Conclusion he was left with: despite earlier statements, players decided their season had been long enough and didn't want to keep playing.

Call me a hater...but I find joy in knowing the BlueJays didn't make the big dance...

Me TOO

I can't stand McValley...I am shocked he has the class coming in that he does. I think they should have hired Collins or Wojo instead of him.

The timeline doesn't make a lot of sense for either of those guys...

Call me a hater...but I find joy in knowing the BlueJays didn't make the big dance...

Me TOO

I can't stand McValley...I am shocked he has the class coming in that he does. I think they should have hired Collins or Wojo instead of him.

The timeline doesn't make a lot of sense for either of those guys...

I think they were both assistant coaches at Duke when McValley was hired...

Regardless you could still make an offer to them.

Me TOO

Can't stand him because your coach isn't able to beat him? Lets look here if Greg doesn't get hired by CU that means Doug never comes to Creighton. Creighton would most likely still be in the MV so all in all it was a genius move

I appreciate the info Mavric but the fact that we are the only DI school in the state to not go to a post season really burns me. More so than in other years, I don't know why.

I've put up with a lot this year and was even proud of our winning record in the B1G tournament. This just smells of Notre Dame Bowl Game snobbishness.