2016 RPI

Ok, I think Nebraska is 14-7 on the season and 12-1 over last 13 games. The offense has been awakened and are showing their power.

So...question to people who follow husker baseball more than me. How good is this team? Did they get off to a bad start and now have started rolling to what is going to be something special? Or, are they playing through some teams that aren't as good as what is coming?

Ok, I think Nebraska is 14-7 on the season and 12-1 over last 13 games. The offense has been awakened and are showing their power.

So...question to people who follow husker baseball more than me. How good is this team? Did they get off to a bad start and now have started rolling to what is going to be something special? Or, are they playing through some teams that aren't as good as what is coming?

Mix of both, for me. Still don't trust this pitching staff. Just don't have definitive reliable guys that you know will close games. While winning 12 of 13 is very impressive, we haven't played the heftiest competition during that stretch. Not a cupcake either, but I think we learn more about this team when we play Illinois next weekend, at Michigan in a few weeks, at Michigan State later. Even against Creighton, who is having a really solid start to the year. Would love to see this team keep it rolling.

Mix of both, for me. Still don't trust this pitching staff. Just don't have definitive reliable guys that you know will close games. While winning 12 of 13 is very impressive, we haven't played the heftiest competition during that stretch. Not a cupcake either, but I think we learn more about this team when we play Illinois next weekend, at Michigan in a few weeks, at Michigan State later. Even against Creighton, who is having a really solid start to the year. Would love to see this team keep it rolling.

Agreed...though to add to that, Purdue is one of the worst offensive teams in the B1G, and we gave up 11 in two games to them. Our offense and defense appears to be on track, but our pitching has derailed.

I'd love for us to get all three things on the same page for once; it's maddening how we have one or two phases locked down, only to be derailed by a third we had nailed down the prior season...

Need to sweep today. Purdue is not very good.

This conference us such a crap shoot this year. Hell Iowa, who was beaten by UNO, is on the verge of sweeping Maryland at Maryland. The same Maryland who just went out to California and took down Fullerton.

Show up and take care of business.

As for the question as the two previous posters said it's a combination of both probably. Love that the bats have heated up early this year, but the questions with the pitching staff are unsettling. We could see seven innings of one hit ball just as quickly as another 15 walks issued.Trotting some Youngins out there, hopefully they grow up throughout the year.

Agreed...though to add to that, Purdue is one of the worst offensive teams in the B1G, and we gave up 11 in two games to them. Our offense and defense appears to be on track, but our pitching has derailed.

I'd love for us to get all three things on the same page for once; it's maddening how we have one or two phases locked down, only to be derailed by a third we had nailed down the prior season...

Eeeeeee.... pitching not exactly stellar again.

But the offense is clicking.

4 errors today :facepalm: But a sweep chuckleshuffle Get Howell back in the fold and leave certain bullpen guys out of the weekend picture altogether.

Unfortunately you cant just leave certain bullpen guys out of weekends all together or you will quickly get a lot of tired arms. The bullpen guys have to get better, period. Lets hope they can get something figured out.

Well, at least tonight's game should be entertaining, yes? :)

Well, at least tonight's game should be entertaining, yes? :)

Creighton has a good pitching staff statistically, but they are just numbers and regardless of who they have played it still an accomplishment.