SIGNED - FB Ben Miles

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

75 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is Jano getting drafted the nail in the coffin in this one? I think it might be. Can't wait!!!!

I don't get the thinking of this logic. It's not meant to be offensive to you. But I just don't understand it.

Man, if I'm leaning towards a school and I play the non-sexy FB position.... Then that school I'm leaning towards goes and gets their FB drafted? Man, I'd be jacked.

Is Jano getting drafted the nail in the coffin in this one? I think it might be. Can't wait!!!!

I don't get the thinking of this logic. It's not meant to be offensive to you. But I just don't understand it.

Man, if I'm leaning towards a school and I play the non-sexy FB position.... Then that school I'm leaning towards goes and gets their FB drafted? Man, I'd be jacked.

Remember when Suh being a Heisman finalist and the #2 pick in the draft was supposed to open the flood gates for DT's to commit here?

Or Lavonte David with LB's?

I just don't think it has the weight people think it does.

But I hope you are right.

Remember when Suh being a Heisman finalist and the #2 pick in the draft was supposed to open the flood gates for DT's to commit here?

I disagree... FB is an under-utilized position at most colleges around the nation.

A coach's kid definitely realizes that. Does Jano get drafted without the offensive scheme and touches he received last year? I don't think so.

I tried looking it up, but it doesn't appear LSU gave a carry to their FB all of last season.

From what we know, Miles really likes Nebraska. If you take that into consideration, the fact that his brothers didn't play for his Dad, the Nebraska scheme is going to give him more opportunities and that the last Nebraska FB got drafted, then I think you have a heavy lean in Nebraska's direction.

(IMO, the Suh and Davis comparisons don't make sense. Every team utilizes those positions, sure I thought more guys would want to follow in their footsteps, but it's different than a FB excelling in a program)

That was also under you know who. I think this staff will take advantage of an opportunity like having a FB drafted.

• Fire 1

That was also under you know who. I think this staff will take advantage of an opportunity like having a FB drafted.

They should take advantage of it. Milk it for all they can. I just don't buy that it makes THAT much difference to the player being recruited. Especially at a position like FB.

They should take advantage of it. Milk it for all they can. I just don't buy that it makes THAT much difference to the player being recruited. Especially at a position like FB.
I doubt it's the nail in the coffin like Matty said. But, I promise he gets one of those hand written post cards with something like "You have a chance to play for NU, strong tradition of FB play and we just had one drafted by the Broncos".

You nailed it! Just used the wrong word. Everything you are right about except for when you wrote "ESPECIALLY."

Your last sentence should be EXCEPT at a position like FB.

• Fire 1

You nailed it! Just used the wrong word. Everything you are right about except for when you wrote "ESPECIALLY."

I like my post just the way it was written.

And again, I hope he commits here. I just don't think a player getting drafted in the 6th round because of his special teams resume pulls the weight people think it does.

And that's not intended to be a knock on Andy. It's pretty amazing what he did in one year.

And again, I hope he commits here. I just don't think a player getting drafted in the 6th round because of his special teams resume pulls the weight people think it does.

And that's not intended to be a knock on Andy. It's pretty amazing what he did in one year.

I think the point was that perhaps at the FB position, it would be even more of a positive factor in making a college choice having had several players taken in the draft (something that rarely happens perio). When so many schools no longer even have the position, being one of if not the very best place for FBs is an attractive advantage.

Also, I would say Andy did what he did over more than one year, just got to show it off for us fans last year. His great atheticism is what got him drafted, not just a handful of runs.

• Fire 1

I think the point was that perhaps at the FB position, it would be even more of a positive factor in making a college choice having had several players taken in the draft (something that rarely happens perio). When so many schools no longer even have the position, being one of if not the very best place for FBs is an attractive advantage.

Also, I would say Andy did what he did over more than one year, just got to show it off for us fans last year. His great atheticism is what got him drafted, not just a handful of runs.

Andy Janovich would not have sniffed the combine had it not been for last season. That is the plain and simple truth.

And before we talk about "the best place" for FB's to play, just know that LSU has had 2 drafted in recent years as well.

• Fire 2

Andy Janovich would not have sniffed the combine had it not been for last season. That is the plain and simple truth.

And before we talk about "the best place" for FB's to play, just know that LSU has had 2 drafted in recent years as well.

Yeah, I've changed my stance now that husker84law semi agreed with my previous one.