Jake Hammond Transferring

I think showing Miles the door after next year if improvements aren't made would be pulling the plug way too early. I'd like to see him get through this year's freshman class up to their senior year. I think if we haven't been back in the Big Dance by then, then yes we need to consider a change. I believe we have big potential upon the horizon.

I think showing Miles the door after next year if improvements aren't made would be pulling the plug way too early. I'd like to see him get through this year's freshman class up to their senior year. I think if we haven't been back in the Big Dance by then, then yes we need to consider a change. I believe we have big potential upon the horizon.

I like Miles, but lets not let 1 good season and his awesome personality shadow the fact he has struggled for 3 of his 4 seasons.

I think he turns it around this year and do believe we are headed in the right direction but at the end of the day, if we finish next year like we finished the previous two years, I think his seat deserves to be warm.

• Fire 1

It really is a frustrating situation. Before, we had crappy recruiting and a crappy record to show for it. Because of that, we let coaches go. Now. we have good recruiting and still a crappy record. So....do you allow that coach the time to develop the good players he is getting? Or, do you can him and get someone in where you can say....hey.....we have great facilities and our team has good talent. You could have success right away here.

It really is a frustrating situation. Before, we had crappy recruiting and a crappy record to show for it. Because of that, we let coaches go. Now. we have good recruiting and still a crappy record. So....do you allow that coach the time to develop the good players he is getting? Or, do you can him and get someone in where you can say....hey.....we have great facilities and our team has good talent. You could have success right away here.

Assuming they are being developed.

I'm not saying he should be fired. I've long said Nebraska is an incredibly tough place to win at. There are just too many competitvie D1 programs and not many legit D1 difference-makers in Nebraska high schools. Kids have a lot of options to go too a lot of schools that have more tradition and more of a chance to compete at the highest level without having to go so far from home to get to Lincoln. He's done well recruiting small players and non-existent at recruiting bigs.

But it completely boggles my mind that we have no concept of offensive basketball. Four years in and we don't even have an offense to run. We were #281 in the country in assists this year despite starting two point guards for most of the year. That's at least a slight improvement as I believe we were in the 300s his first three years here. And that's pretty much how it goes with Miles. His years at Colorado State were much worse in terms of how many assists they got compared to the three years before he got there and the three years after he left.

I just don't have much faith that he has any clue on how to create offense and put our players in a position to succeed. When you're working with lesser talent (compared to much of the B1G) you have to be doing the little things right. And with no offense and no bigs, we don't have much of a chance.

So...maybe Miles made a huge mistake letting him go? I mean...he was a top 150 recruit. Is this on Miles for not developing him?

The dude needed about 30 pounds on him

For him to be effective in a power conference. You can develop all you want but he needed size. That's eating and the weight room.

Oregon 5 years ago was Nebraska. Now look at them. If miles can't get to 18 wins next year. My thoughts are Aloha. We are no better then doc days at this point.

Don't let facts cloud that comment...Oregon has had 20+ plus wins for 6 straight seasons. Before Altman Ernie Kent was a roller coaster. Had a bad last two seasons, but went to the tourney twice in his last 4 years including an Elite 8.