Yori Resigns Amid Investigation

Kids are too soft these days. Ive been around the coaching scene for most of my life and i can tell you that even my friends who are coaches will tell you this. And none of them are the firey type coach. Coddled, spoiled and entitled are words used to described some of these kids. Obviously not all, not even most. All you have to do to know why is look to the parents.

Lets see. You give a statement in a department culture review that isn't favorable of the culture currently in place. That gets leaked out early. All of the sudden your boss has someone attend every single thing you do meeting and practice wise looking for anything to find just cause. He finds what he needs, says he's terminating, she states she'll counter sue they work out a deal where she gets most of her remaining contract.

Coach is now being defended by a very solid former player and former coaches at NU. Her, Miles and Bo were very close knit from those who know them.

Miles is up next.

tin-foil-hat-300x225.jpg

FWIW....the tinfoil hat club was saying that perlman was the shadowy figure behind the "agenda". interesting that he is out before yori and miles who are supposed targets of the agenda.

It's all very confusing most of us aren't smart enough to get it. Oh well don't worry be happy :)

Email from the University:

Good afternoon. As a supporter of Nebraska Athletics, it is very important that we share the following news with you. Connie Yori has made the decision to step down as the Head Women’s Basketball Coach. Today is a difficult day for all of us who care deeply about the Husker Family. During Connie’s 14 years as the head coach, we have enjoyed successful seasons and memorable moments. As indicated in the following media releases which will go out shortly, we thank Connie for her dedicated service and wish her and her family all the best in the future.

Thanks for all your tremendous support of Nebraska Athletics and our student-athletes.

Statement from Connie:
“After fourteen years as the Head Coach of the Women’s Basketball program I have made the difficult decision to step down. As some of you may know, this has been a very challenging time for my family and in the best interest of all of us, this is the right decision. I want to thank the student-athletes, assistant coaches, staff and administrators, especially Shawn Eichorst, for his leadership and support during this difficult time in my life. Finally, thank you to the incredible Husker Nation for their passionate and unwavering support throughout my time in Lincoln. I will always be a proud Husker.”

Statement from Shawn:
“Earlier today, Connie Yori informed me of her decision to step down as the Head Women’s Basketball Coach at the University of Nebraska. Coach Yori achieved great success in the program during her tenure and we appreciate her many contributions to the University. We wish her and her family all the best and we are grateful for her dedicated service to Nebraska. We will begin a national search for a new head coach immediately and will not comment or speculate on the search or candidates until an announcement is made.”

Didn't someone mention in a status update last fall that "another head coach from Nebraska is living at [Can't remember] hotel?"

I know people are making fun of the tin foil hat people, but Miles did send that semi "hmm" type tweet along the lines of...if I find a big man, will you cut me some slack?

I have no concrete opinion formed about the "AD review/survey" to Yori's firing to Miles or really anything Harvey/Shawn conspiracy, but some facts definitely make you go "hmm."

Have a friend that was on the scout team a few years back. He would play the Brittney Griner role in practice when they got ready for Baylor. He said he isn't sure where these accusations are coming from and that he really liked her.

On the other hand when it is 10 players and some support staff come forward with concerns is not something to be taken lightly. I don't buy the coddled responses here, if it is well over half the team and some on the staff that isn't some comment on this generation's culture as much as it is on the culture instilled by the HC.

Kids are too soft these days. Ive been around the coaching scene for most of my life and i can tell you that even my friends who are coaches will tell you this. And none of them are the firey type coach. Coddled, spoiled and entitled are words used to described some of these kids. Obviously not all, not even most. All you have to do to know why is look to the parents.

...said every coach since 1899
  • Fire 1

The news of her resignation — I use "resignation" loosely — was startling to many folks. But the Journal Star has been hearing for weeks about alleged mistreatment of players and a dysfunctional culture in Yori's program. We learned of the athletic department's investigation, then of a complaint of discrimination, and don't underestimate Yori's alleged wrongdoing relating to her custody battle. That's probably the main reason she's no longer employed.

It became increasingly evident it was best for Yori and Nebraska to part ways.
I'm told that within the Nebraska athletic department, Yori's "resignation" wasn't necessarily a surprise to everyone. Still, there are plenty of lingering questions, such as: Why wasn't she fired with cause? Why did the athletic director thank her for her dedicated service when there apparently were serious issues in the program, enough that more than 10 players approached the NU administration in early February with concerns about the head coach's treatment of players?
Perhaps athletic department leaders simply want to move on quickly and avoid dragging players, and even the next head coach, into a prolonged legal "he-said, she-said."

LJS

Have a friend that was on the scout team a few years back. He would play the Brittney Griner role in practice when they got ready for Baylor. He said he isn't sure where these accusations are coming from and that he really liked her.

On the other hand when it is 10 players and some support staff come forward with concerns is not something to be taken lightly. I don't buy the coddled responses here, if it is well over half the team and some on the staff that isn't some comment on this generation's culture as much as it is on the culture instilled by the HC.

And yet the current players were upset and taken off guard by the firing. That doesn't happen when the whole team more or less goes to the AD to complain. Sam's got some details he's not sharing here and working on a story.

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/players-distraught-following-connie-yori-s-resignation-as-nebraska-women/article_762b62d2-f12a-5756-a01c-c20586d53cc4.html

Got a friend who has a cousin on the practice squad...said that one girl on the team really hated Yori and so did one trainer...said those two started to manipulate/turn others on the team as well...

That is just what he said...he said most of the players really liked her and that he did not see "bullying" except for the one girl that instigated things was fat and out of shape and hated conditioning...seemed like she resented the fact that she had to "get in shape"

are we really going down the conspiracy road again? she is going through a divorce and things are rough enough with that alone. she resigned so she could take care of other things in her life. i wish her the best and would let it go at that.

You are probably correct but there is a the reports that she was a big meanie...