CB Chevin Calloway [Arkansas - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Things just got interesting... Eno Benjamin has decommited from Iowa.

is there a reason we don't have an Eno Benjamin thread? Have we not offered him yet?

We have not offered as of now.

But I would guess one is forth-coming. Probably sooner rather than later.

thanks for the info. This would be a great get and would significantly bolster our RB depth next year.

is there a reason we don't have an Eno Benjamin thread? Have we not offered him yet?

thanks for the info. This would be a great get and would significantly bolster our RB depth next year.

I could be wrong, but check Scout. They "check mark" Eno Benjamin having an offer.

Per Scout he does have

I could be wrong, but check Scout. They "check mark" Eno Benjamin having an offer.

http://www.scout.com/player/191754-eno-benjamin/recruiting?year=2016

Link for ease.

I can't believe the fans are holding on so dearly to Iowa's unrealistic commit rules. This is a big decision for people and the coaches don't need to trap the players in their commitment. If you are afraid of your player trying to gain as much information about the schools he may attend as possible, maybe you should rethink how you recruit
  • Fire 1

I can't believe the fans are holding on so dearly to Iowa's unrealistic commit rules. This is a big decision for people and the coaches don't need to trap the players in their commitment. If you are afraid of your player trying to gain as much information about the schools he may attend as possible, maybe you should rethink how you recruit
100% agree. I just don't understand pulling a scholarship because a kid is weighing his options. I'm sure Iowa is currently trying to flip kids committed elsewhere also. Hopefully their loss is our gain.

100% agree. I just don't understand pulling a scholarship because a kid is weighing his options. I'm sure Iowa is currently trying to flip kids committed elsewhere also. Hopefully their loss is our gain.
Desmond King was committed to Ball State and Iowa flipped him in their favor. Pure hypocrisy.
  • Fire 1

Desmond King was committed to Ball State and Iowa flipped him in their favor. Pure hypocrisy.
and people talking on the board saying they don't want this guy's because they aren't committed to the Iowa way. It's bull crap. A kid will be all in for a school that wants what's best for that kid and allows him to weigh his options. At the end of the day it is the recruits decision and the recruit will pick the school that is best for him. Iowa has a system in place that says we care more about us than we do about you to a recruit.

Not to be the voice of dissent, but I think that the Iowa way of doing things is kinda alright. It definitely urges the kids to be sure about their choice before committing. It puts more value behind that commitment.

Now if they're pressuring the kids into committing before they're ready and still have that stance, then that's a bunch of malarkey.

The kids should be allowed to visit every school they're interested in, because it's a huge life decision. I'm all for that; even for kids committed to Nebraska. But it's not like the kids don't know that about Iowa when they commit.

I don't know. You might think you are all in for Iowa so you commit and then later on some things start to turn you off or something happens that make you start considering going to school elsewhere, so you want to go on a visit to just get all of the information, and because of that Iowa pulls your scholarship offer? That's a bit harsh for me. If you are confident in your program and recruiting, kids visiting other schools should be no big deal. I understand you should be fully committed when you make your decision, but stuff happens and these kids are just trying to make the most informed decision possible. Sometimes they think they have all of the information they need and then later on they realize they don't. No harm in that.

But if that is how Iowa does it then have at it, we will take the ones who don't believe in the Hawkeye way

Not to be the voice of dissent, but I think that the Iowa way of doing things is kinda alright. It definitely urges the kids to be sure about their choice before committing. It puts more value behind that commitment.

Now if they're pressuring the kids into committing before they're ready and still have that stance, then that's a bunch of malarkey.

The kids should be allowed to visit every school they're interested in, because it's a huge life decision. I'm all for that; even for kids committed to Nebraska. But it's not like the kids don't know that about Iowa when they commit.

One problem with this is that the recruiting calendar has gotten earlier and earlier. So what is a recruit to do if he isn't allowed to take recruiting trips yet but his position is getting filled at one of his choices, like Iowa? The logical thing to do is commit to Iowa to hold his spot until he has a chance to take some visits.
  • Fire 1

One problem with this is that the recruiting calendar has gotten earlier and earlier. So what is a recruit to do if he isn't allowed to take recruiting trips yet but his position is getting filled at one of his choices, like Iowa? The logical thing to do is commit to Iowa to hold his spot until he has a chance to take some visits.

Well... I think we can all agree: the point is, don't commit to Iowa.

• Fire 3

Wish Eno had his own thread. Hate posting his updates in another recruit's thread.

Not sure this matters much, maybe it does for a HS kid, but his twitter bio includes #3stripeLife. Not sure when he added that, before or after his decommitment from Iowa. Iowa is a Nike school. Some are speculating he's a Michigan lean, but Michigan is a Nike school now as well. Again, not sure how much that matters, but maybe it does for a recruit. Arizona State is an Adidas school, and, obviously, so is Nebraska.