Kevin WIlliams interview

Synopsis:

-he thinks being in the SEC will help him get to the next level

-he doesn't have the highest amount of respect for what MR and Parrella can do for him

-he thinks he would gave started if he had stayed and that did not weigh into his decision

-he has no regrets about his statement about being a backup

-he says he will have a decision in a couple of weeks

-he has no regrets about leaving because most of his classmates have moved on

-believes there was talent last year on the dline to make a difference

***my take is he was the right fit for the system and he was comfortable in the old system and was reluctant to change.

• Fire 1

I stood up for him on his backup rant because I liked that attitude BUT hearing the stories of him breaking his wrist in an off the field incident, complaining about not playing enough after we beat UCLA and telling the coaches that he got screwed the year before in their meet and greet with the players.

Glad we got rid of the cancer before it spread and got deadly

"i saw oppurtunities at huge schools, great schools, schools with a great reputation for putting out NFL players' (He's planning to go to Kentucky, btw)

"marketing was a big thing" (yeah, NU never markets their players! great point!)

"please show me support" even though I'm trashing the university and the coaching staff on my way out.

Yeah, I stopped listening after 4-5 minutes. This guy is delusional. See ya, mister-"I'm not a back-up"-even-though-I'm-not-on-the-first-team

• Fire 8

Answered the question Why'd you leave?' by saying it definitely not the depth chart, because he clearly would have been a starter.

Said he is 100% leaving because of the SEC. He believes he can get developed and marketed to the NFL at an SEC school rather than Nebraska. "Have you gotten any other offers from SEC schools besides A&M and Kentucky?" - Oh yeah, ohhhhhhh yeah.

Completely ragged on the coaching staff. Basically said the staff completely mismanaged the talent we had on the DLine last year, Riley's laid back style of coaching was VERY different, and Parrella wouldn't be much better.

Answered the question Why'd you leave?' by saying it definitely not the depth chart, because he clearly would have been a starter.

Said he is 100% leaving because of the SEC. He believes he can get developed and marketed to the NFL at an SEC school rather than Nebraska. "Have you gotten any other offers from SEC schools besides A&M and Kentucky?" - Oh yeah, ohhhhhhh yeah.

Completely ragged on the coaching staff. Basically said the staff completely mismanaged the talent we had on the DLine last year, Riley's laid back style of coaching was VERY different, and Parrella wouldn't be much better.

All in all, he sounds like a tool and I'm glad he's leaving.

He said Parrella actually made it harder to leave. He also chose not to answer specific questions regarding the coaching staff, so completely ragging on them is a bit of a stretch in word choice. He left because the SEC is a bigger market from all the talking heads on ESPN and he's not wrong. Now will that help him, no. He's an injury prone DT, which makes it especially hard to have any staying power in the NFL.

Either way best of luck to him.

• Fire 1

I have to say his comments don't make a lot of sense. I think he's simply not a big Parrella fan and their personalities clashed.

He's still one of those guys who liked playing for the previous staff. On top of that he likes the media attention and got jealous of the attention that the Davis twins were getting.

• Fire 1

Seems clear its good for NU that he's gone.

"developed....marketed....SEC school rather than Nebraska"

Well, if he's so smart he should go to SEC Vandy then. Smartest SEC school....and SEC school means better than NU for the NFL shot.

Kentucky = better launching pad to the NFL eh? 1 drafted in '14, '13, '11; 2 in '15 and '12

Some of his comments are so stupid I'd guess he's gotten some serious anti-NU pro-Kentucky propaganda (for example that he thinks he's going to the SEC rather than to the loser school Kentucky)

I mean, we all know that Stanford and Washington State are basically the same thing, they are PAC, right? Facebook and Google offers here we come.