S C.J. Smith [Nebraska- Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

20 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Smith commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/07/2018 at 09:45 PM

On 12/19/2017 at 10:29 AM, Huskers93-97 said:

Maybe I am a D!C+, But enough with all the worry about these kids emotions and giving them a "safe space" to make decisions. I care about getting Nebraska Football elite again. Life is full of tough decisions- grow a pair- make a decision and stand by your decision.

Because I'm sure you've stuck with every decision you've made (insert eye roll).  Picking a college is not an easy choice especially when you have offers from numerous colleges.  Nebraska fans are ridiculous when a kid decommits or isn't fully committed to Nebraska.

• Plus1 3

14 minutes ago, huskerfan333157 said:

Because I'm sure you've stuck with every decision you've made (insert eye roll).  Picking a college is not an easy choice especially when you have offers from numerous colleges.  Nebraska fans are ridiculous when a kid decommits or isn't fully committed to Nebraska.

Nebraska fans or all fan bases? Dont say ridiculous things like it is Nebraska fans. Also there is a big difference between changing your mind like "I am going to work out today". That effects no one but me. Saying you are committed effects more than just that kid, it changes the way recruiting classes and coaches approach other kids. They think they have that spot filled so they dont recruit as hard or cant give a green light to another kid- then maybe that kid commits somewhere else or doesnt feel the love so rules Nebraska out. Thus that decision causes harm to the university. I dont care if thats how its done- it doesnt mean that just because its done that way its the right way to do it.

6 minutes ago, Omaha-Husker said:

These guys can do whatever the hell they want and don't owe us anything.  Hope he picks where he wants in the end.

Christ reactions to recruiting are annoying.

I don't expect everyone to understand the frustration in a lack of today's society valueing the integrity of your word to commit to something. 

Its like someone who is a considerate person- they cannot understand how some people can be such a$$hole$ because it's out of their realm of thought process why you would treat someone like that. But someone who is not considerate can look at the same a-hole move and think there is nothing wrong with it because their mind thinks all behavior is acceptable- or they could see themselves doing the same thing. 

14 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I don't expect everyone to understand the frustration in a lack of today's society valueing the integrity of your word to commit to something. 

Its like someone who is a considerate person- they cannot understand how some people can be such a$$hole$ because it's out of their realm of thought process why you would treat someone like that. But someone who is not considerate can look at the same a-hole move and think there is nothing wrong with it because their mind thinks all behavior is acceptable- or they could see themselves doing the same thing. 

You know Frost's contract lasted longer than 2017 right?  He had pen to paper for a contract, this kid doesn't.  Lets hear about our new head coach's integrity.

• Plus1 2
16 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Bet you hate the head coach we have who left his recruits and players he brought in at UCF then.

• Plus1 1

10 hours ago, spurs1990 said:

Bet you hate the head coach we have who left his recruits and players he brought in at UCF then.

#1- I dont hate any of these people, I dont think they are bad people. So dont twist this into bigger than it is. I as well as others on this board just dislike how slimy recruiting is and everytime things happen it is a reminder. Every parent can raise their own damn kids how they want- I just know I would make my kid wait till the end so once he committed he honored it. As a simple life lesson to teach them your word is your bond. As scarface once said “All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break them for no one.”

#2- First rule of the new regime. Never question scott frost or his integrity. 

#3- Every situation is different and has other factors. Everyone at Oregon knew Frost's dream job was Nebraska. They didnt know that because they insinuated. They knew because he said it publicly. So if everyone at Oregon knew that- I am sure everyone at UCF knew it as well. As a matter of fact they would have known that when they hired him. Not only did they know that when they hired him they know their current place- which is a stepping stone program. Sure they want to be more than that- but at the moment that is what they are. So I think everyone knew the end game when Frost came. If or when Nebraska opened- Frost is probably gone. I think further evidence UCF understood the end game for Frost is the fact they are having him coach their players in the bowl game- so they obviously understand his move. 

#4- Lets also not forget Frost left that program in a better place than where it was when he took over. So he left it a better place. Do these kids leave us in a better place? Or do they leave us last minute scrambling to fill the spot they said was filled? 

32 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

#1- I dont hate any of these people, I dont think they are bad people. So dont twist this into bigger than it is. I as well as others on this board just dislike how slimy recruiting is and everytime things happen it is a reminder. Every parent can raise their own damn kids how they want- I just know I would make my kid wait till the end so once he committed he honored it. As a simple life lesson to teach them your word is your bond. As scarface once said “All I have in this world is my balls and my word, and I don’t break them for no one.”

#2- First rule of the new regime. Never question scott frost or his integrity. 

#3- Every situation is different and has other factors. Everyone at Oregon knew Frost's dream job was Nebraska. They didnt know that because they insinuated. They knew because he said it publicly. So if everyone at Oregon knew that- I am sure everyone at UCF knew it as well. As a matter of fact they would have known that when they hired him. Not only did they know that when they hired him they know their current place- which is a stepping stone program. Sure they want to be more than that- but at the moment that is what they are. So I think everyone knew the end game when Frost came. If or when Nebraska opened- Frost is probably gone. I think further evidence UCF understood the end game for Frost is the fact they are having him coach their players in the bowl game- so they obviously understand his move. 

#4- Lets also not forget Frost left that program in a better place than where it was when he took over. So he left it a better place. Do these kids leave us in a better place? Or do they leave us last minute scrambling to fill the spot they said was filled? 

So basically.....you disagree with the situations that don't benefit Husker football and agree with the situations that do benefit Husker football. 

• Plus1 8