Tim Beck

ScottyIce

At least he didn't use Pelini's script and say that the players just didn't execute his scheme. For once a coach actually points the thumb. And he get scathed for it. :dunno:

If he used the old "just didn't execute" excuse I think people see right through that and he gets it even worse. I'm just glad he's no longer our problem.

I was watching John Gruden's QB camp last night and one episode was on Jones. I laughed when Gruden asked Jones to demonstrate his clap play count and why he does it. After that, he showed Jones a play where the LB clapped right by the O line and it totally screwed up the play. Gruden then went on to tell him he hates the clap count and never wants to see him do it again.

PS....yes, I know OSU was doing it before Beck got there.

Gruden hates any non-WCO approach to QB'ing.

So this means Beck is an animal and should be the next OSU HC or what's your point? No one considers Gruden a QB whisperer. He has never developed a QB as far as I can tell. You're comment is just meant to give Beck more leeway.

PS: How pathetic is it that we had a GA coaching the most important position on the field? Not a knock on Ganz either. That just shows how little Beck actually knew about the position.

• Fire 2

Heard about this article on the radio today. After reading it, certainly not a ringing endorsement for Beck.

I don't want to throw a lot of mud on him, but I'm glad he is no longer at Nebraska, either. I guess year two at tOSU could show us more, but he left one university (Nebraska) with a lot of fans disappointed in his coaching, and he finished his first season at a new university (Ohio State) with a lot of fans disappointed in his coaching.

Even Urban Meyer described his performance as "just OK" and that they expect more out of him.

Gruden hates any non-WCO approach to QB'ing.

So this means Beck is an animal and should be the next OSU HC or what's your point? No one considers Gruden a QB whisperer. He has never developed a QB as far as I can tell. You're comment is just meant to give Beck more leeway.

PS: How pathetic is it that we had a GA coaching the most important position on the field? Not a knock on Ganz either. That just shows how little Beck actually knew about the position.

Grain of Salt: CM Husker has no understanding of the WCO, other than as an insult for any team that enjoys the forward pass.

• Fire 1

I'm not disappointed he is at OSU.

Not for a second.

The guys has no clue what to do with QB's.

I was watching their Spring Game, I think they threw 6 INT. I just wish Tommy got 1 less year with Beck. Maybe we could've shaken those INT's out sooner.

That doesn't really mean anything though. Tommy threw a career high number of interceptions this year, and NU was 5th worse in the country, and I wouldn't say Langsdorf "has no clue what to do with QB's."

• Fire 1