Social Media and pathetic human beings

I don't Tweet, and generally don't read Tweets. And when it's to the point where presidential candidates voice many of their thoughts on Twitter and news reporting based on erroneus Tweets, well, I think it's just plain silly. Tweets are for the birds.

All that said, bullying is apparently the #1 problem that exists w social media--FACEBOOK--especially among the young.

Hey, I've got an idea; ignore social media, don't use it at all. I really don't other than the occasional tweet somebody may post here on HB and I don't feel like I'm missing a thing. Heck, if it wasn't for some of the stuff I've seen 2nd hand that KB has posted on twitter, I'd probably like him a lot more than I do. There is a whole body of work why no one should ever use it and very little evidence it is worthwhile at all.

If I understand this, those are not the guys who wrote the comments, right? The YouTube comment says "REAL guys read REAL comments." But not "their" comments. I realize the tweets and comments are bad, and the guys who wrote them are probably jackasses. But the format makes it seem like she's confronting the guys who wrote them, and making them feel guilty for their comments. Apparently that's not the case. (Or am I just confused--which is indeed a possibility. lol)

If I understand this, those are not the guys who wrote the comments, right? The YouTube comment says "REAL guys read REAL comments." But not "their" comments. I realize the tweets and comments are bad, and the guys who wrote them are probably jackasses. But the format makes it seem like she's confronting the guys who wrote them, and making them feel guilty for their comments. Apparently that's not the case. (Or am I just confused--which is indeed a possibility. lol)

Correct, I also believe the ladies already knew what was going to be read to them.

These guys probably tweeted it our because they figured they were a badass behind a keyboard. I'm willing to bet they got so much heat back they deleted their twitter and disappeared.

I'm really not caring what "format" the video is in. It's an example of the pathetic excuse of humans that think they can just say whatever they want and it doesn't affect other people.

No, these guys aren't the ones that tweeted the women. But, their reaction of reading those tweets should be the reaction the actual authors have. But....sadly enough, their pathetic lives won't be affected.

What I would love to see is some how expose the people who wrote the tweets and do it on an ongoing basis. Sarah Spain gets a tweet like this....boom, she forwards it to an office at ESPN with people who instantly blast the person's identity across social media everywhere.

I'm really not caring what "format" the video is in. It's an example of the pathetic excuse of humans that think they can just say whatever they want and it doesn't affect other people.

No, these guys aren't the ones that tweeted the women. But, their reaction of reading those tweets should be the reaction the actual authors have. But....sadly enough, their pathetic lives won't be affected.

What I would love to see is some how expose the people who wrote the tweets and do it on an ongoing basis. Sarah Spain gets a tweet like this....boom, she forwards it to an office at ESPN with people who instantly blast the person's identity across social media everywhere.

I think that might have an inverse effect. People who want to be known by the world could use that as a vessel to do so.

Hey, I've got an idea; ignore social media, don't use it at all. I really don't other than the occasional tweet somebody may post here on HB and I don't feel like I'm missing a thing. Heck, if it wasn't for some of the stuff I've seen 2nd hand that KB has posted on twitter, I'd probably like him a lot more than I do. There is a whole body of work why no one should ever use it and very little evidence it is worthwhile at all.

I'm a big advocate of social media because of it's connectivity and pervasiveness. Others, obviously, will disagree.

That said, one of the biggest problems with FB & Twitter is that they give platforms to people who don't need them. I see a lot value in media personalities and news outlets having Twitter, but Joe Schmo in Wherever, USA, should probably step away from the phone/keyboard.

I also think Twitter, in particular, could do a better job of policing their content. I feel they've skirted by far too long at a 30,000 foot view and need to take swifter/harsher action against imbeciles and bullies.

As someone with experience between viewers and a media company, I know first hand the double standard created between men and women in the media. Most men don't receive a lot of hurtful or critical viewer feedback, but it is incredibly common for women. I once had a coworker receive a message that said "Your red lipstick makes you look like a whore."

:blink:

I'm a big advocate of social media because of it's connectivity and pervasiveness. Others, obviously, will disagree.

That said, one of the biggest problems with FB & Twitter is that they give platforms to people who don't need them. I see a lot value in media personalities and news outlets having Twitter, but Joe Schmo in Wherever, USA, should probably step away from the phone/keyboard.

I also think Twitter, in particular, could do a better job of policing their content. I feel they've skirted by far too long at a 30,000 foot view and need to take swifter/harsher action against imbeciles and bullies.

As someone with experience between viewers and a media company, I know first hand the double standard created between men and women in the media. Most men don't receive a lot of hurtful or critical viewer feedback, but it is incredibly common for women. I once had a coworker receive a message that said "Your red lipstick makes you look like a whore."

:blink:

giphy.gif

The exact reason I left facebook. I was sick of reading all the BS that everyone was saying when if it were in person they wouldn't have the guts to say it at all.

That stuff pisses me off. For whatever reason it reminded me of one of my senior lineman running over a 100 lb freshman and standing over him like an A-Hole.

That stuff is not tolerated and shouldn't be.

I get what that video is trying to do. And it is a good step. But the people that wrote those tweets don't give a damn about the feelings of a woman or anyone else for that matter. That's why they remain anonymous. If you want to get through to people, you will have to take the anonymity out of social media so that people have to stand behind what they say.