Question about the Stadium

Not sure if this belongs somewhere else, but am looking at moving my season tickets and was wondering what everyone's experiences were with the tickets that have an "Obstructed View" right along the sidelines in the first 8 rows or so behind the benches. Are games watchable from these seats or would this make me regret my decision to move from the North end zone about 35 rows up? Any experience and comments are welcome. Thanks!

Last year I was in South stadium but for the spring game I sat in the first row of East stadium student area (where the dude with the skull mask under a helmet sat if you know where that is.) It wasn't bad but being behind the bench you definitely had to focus in to know what you were looking at. When the play came towards me, a lot of the time I had to look at the screen to see what was happening. Personally I would choose to be a few rows higher up if given the opportunity.

I sat all over the stadium high and low over the many years but most of my time was spent in south stadium about 35 rows up and I like those the best. But I like the end zone view contrary to what many people seem to prefer the side view. I know many say the 50 yard line about 20 rows up but not for me. Give me a shot behind the goal posts below where the extra points land. That's the 'sweet' spot for me. You see the blocking, plays develop, etc. You have to learn to judge the gains/losses, and sometimes the goal lines are tough to see but there is always a better angle for every play.

I sit in row 5 and like it. You can't see some sideline action on your side...that would be the "obstruction". But you pretty much already know what's going to happen there and the big screens are rolling. The required donation map/graphic will show you the relative value of the seats. That's all you need to use to figure it out unless you have personal preferences that you think aren't "average". I have personal reasons to prefer east and south seats. I also don't care if the area is often standing or more like "down in front". My section is up and down, lol, and nobody (thankfully) ever says down in front.

I sat all over the stadium high and low over the many years but most of my time was spent in south stadium about 35 rows up and I like those the best. But I like the end zone view contrary to what many people seem to prefer the side view. I know many say the 50 yard line about 20 rows up but not for me. Give me a shot behind the goal posts below where the extra points land. That's the 'sweet' spot for me. You see the blocking, plays develop, etc. You have to learn to judge the gains/losses, and sometimes the goal lines are tough to see but there is always a better angle for every play.

I agree, the season tickets my dad has that I got to sit in for the past 10 years were in the corner of North and east stadium where faculty sit. Last year was my first year in the student section and I chose to sit in south stadium. Both were good views and I enjoyed those perspectives of the games much more than the view I had sitting close to front of East stadium during the spring game. Honestly, though, I could be anywhere in the stadium (other than underneath the old overhangs) and would still be able to enjoy the games.