The General Election

I can see it now. Trump will admit in a debate that Obama was born in US. The media will fawn over it and say how presidential that is, while still asking Hillary about emails.

It's comical to hear liberals whine about the media. For once they are getting the same treatment as the GOP candidate, and they now realize that negative media attention does affect election results.

• Fire 1

I can see it now. Trump will admit in a debate that Obama was born in US. The media will fawn over it and say how presidential that is, while still asking Hillary about emails.

It's comical to hear liberals whine about the media. For once they are getting the same treatment as the GOP candidate, and they now realize that negative media attention does affect election results.

Why do you think that the media at large is slanted towards the Democrats? Surely the Republican Party is just as large of an organization with power reaching just as far, why would the majority of the media favor one party over the other? Got a feeling the reason why they appear to be slanting away from the GOP candidate is because they have nominated the worst possible candidate imaginable.

Why do you think that the media at large is slanted towards the Democrats? Surely the Republican Party is just as large of an organization with power reaching just as far, why would the majority of the media favor one party over the other? Got a feeling the reason why they appear to be slanting away from the GOP candidate is because they have nominated the worst possible candidate imaginable.

Journalists in the media have always been more Democratic, and numerous studies have been done over the years.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2014/05/06/just-7-percent-of-journalists-are-republicans-thats-far-less-than-even-a-decade-ago/

http://freakonomics.com/podcast/how-biased-is-your-media/

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1141255/posts (I know this is older but still an example)

Republican nominees typically just have to accept that they will have slanted coverage, and those candidates that are better at connecting to voters have been able to overcome that challenge (Reagan and Bush 43 were both likable guys). McCain, Dole, and Romney not so much.

• Fire 1

So what's a poor Conservative to do when all he wants is his Conservative viewpoint and all the media is Liberal?

Turn to:

I mean, aside from these two hundred or so sources, where's a poor Conservative supposed to get their ideology affirmed?

• Fire 3

So what's a poor Conservative to do when all he wants is his Conservative viewpoint and all the media is Liberal?

I mean, aside from these two hundred or so sources, where's a poor Conservative supposed to get their ideology affirmed?

I'll give you an A for effort, but you are again missing the point that most of the "mainstream" outlets that were cited in the studies I provided are personally more liberal/democratic.

• Fire 1

"Mainstream" is a buzzword that may have had meaning in the 1990s before the proliferation of the Internet. Today, everyone's grandmother has email, Facebook and a smartphone. They're not bound by four channels to watch only the "MSM" anymore. They consume the media they want, and that's what I showed. There's tons of it out there.

Pretending that Conservatives have to consume Liberal media or that Liberals have to consume Conservative media is a joke. People consume what they choose to consume. If more people choose to consume Liberal media, it's likely because more people are Liberal.

Simple math.

"Mainstream" is a buzzword that may have had meaning in the 1990s before the proliferation of the Internet. Today, everyone's grandmother has email, Facebook and a smartphone. They're not bound by four channels to watch only the "MSM" anymore. They consume the media they want, and that's what I showed. There's tons of it out there.

Pretending that Conservatives have to consume Liberal media or that Liberals have to consume Conservative media is a joke. People consume what they choose to consume. If more people choose to consume Liberal media, it's likely because more people are Liberal.

Simple math.

Those Hillary supporters are complaining about now are not really those Conservative journalists you represented. She is talking about ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, the NY Times, etc... who actually did their jobs for a change and covered her deplorables comment and the lies her campaign told about her health situation.

• Fire 3

Will North Carolina in 2016 be the Florida from 2000? For the fun of it, I went out to 270towin.com to plug in how the states would play out based upon the most recent polls to come out. Obviously Trump is having a bit of a surge and it's too early to say if it's permanent, but with that said, he would win Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Nevada, and Colorado, while Hillary would win Pennsylvania, Virginia, and New Hampshire. This would put the race at 263 EVs for Clinton, and 260 for Trump, with North Carolina being a tie in the most recent poll. If you look to the polls done before that, Trump was leading in one, and Hillary in the other. There is a reason both candidates have made multiple stops in the Tar Heel state.

http://www.270towin.com/

• Fire 2

what in the holy f*

OMG the FDA monitors food temperatures. Pfft damn the government ruling our lives by keeping us from f*ing dying.

This effing sh**stain can't get any dumber.

Don't we currently have food regulations? but we see issues all the time, what gives?

This is really your reply? You thought it all through and this is what you came up with?

Don't we currently make efforts to stop terrorism? But terrorist attacks happen in the U.S. anyway. What gives?

Do you really want to go there?

Does Trump want to go there?

Let's not do any monitoring of anyone and let anyone who wants come into the country. Because terrorist attacks happen anyway. It's okay if another 9/11 happens. It'll happen anyway.

You seriously think because there have been disease outbreaks that none of these policies stop the others? You think because one person got a vaccine and got sick we should stop getting vaccinated? You think because we've had a couple terrorist attacks that zero have been thwarted?

Really?

This is really your reply? You go from food regulations talk in previous posts to terror attacks to bolster your point?

Those are totally different situations. LMAO, from talking food regs to encompassing terror attacks.. unreal

Your first mistake is to think that with less restrictive regs that somehow mayhem will break out, when you have no foundation for that belief.

It must suck being someone who thinks man is so evil, that it takes a government to control humanity.

• Fire 2