The General Election

What I don't get about Trump supporters is their claim that he isn't a regular politician and "tells it like it is." Trump, more than any candidate I can remember, just says whatever the crowd he talking to wants to hear, then will say the opposite to a different crowd if that's what they want to hear.

• Fire 1

What I don't get about Trump supporters is their claim that he isn't a regular politician and "tells it like it is." Trump, more than any candidate I can remember, just says whatever the crowd he talking to wants to hear, then will say the opposite to a different crowd if that's what they want to hear.

He's a complete and utter fraud. It's sad how many people he has totally sold a bill of goods to.

Because the people who seem the most hellbent on branding her a liar are usually the "Trump tells it like it is" types.

The irony is staggering.

Really? Do you have evidence to back this claim you are making? I mean I assume you have more than one person in mind, right, considering what you said.

My friend in Gretna, my cousin (and fiance) in Calloway, NE, my cousin (and husband) in Norfolk, NE, my aunt in Casper, WY, 4 students of my 2nd period class, my aunt in Lincoln, just about every person that responds to my friend in Norfolk's posts about Hillary, my next door neighbor....just about everyone who has been open with me that they are supporting Trump after I ask them "why?"

edit: I do have a friend in Kearney who is supporting Trump because he has enough faith in checks and balances and hopes that "real" conservatives can sway Supreme Court picks and he is counting on him not even running again in four years if he does in fact win.

edit #2: to be clear, my students brought up the election in class. I did not. I didn't tell them who I was voting for or "bash" them for voting for Trump. They were vocal about their beliefs all on their own. I make a point to play devil's advocate with both sides in class and make them defend comments with information, and I'm a shop teacher. They usually decide it is easier to focus on classwork: both sides...