Continuing Our Draft Record - Who Gets Drafted in 2017?

Most people have heard the stat that Nebraska is the only team to have multiple players draft in every draft the last 50 years. I'm guessing we barely continue that record this year with Collins almost certainly being drafted and most "experts" suggest Alex Lewis will also be drafted. I think V. Valentine is probably a toss up.

Assuming we get 2 or more this year, what about next year? Who are are NFL draft worthy players on the 2017 roster?

My candidates:

Cethan Carter

Nate Gerry

Kevin Maurice

Jordan Westerkamp

Michael Rose-Ivy

Sam Folz (rare for punters to be drafted, but maybe a 7th round pick?)

Edited by Mavric
Edited title for more detail
  • Fire 1

I agree with your list. Some other that should have a good shot depending on this next season.

Reilly-will have a good chance to get drafted. Probably better than Westerkamp.

Moore- should have a decent shot as a late round guy bc he is solid all around.

Bando- has the tools just needs a big senior year.

We have 4 guys who may get drafted this weekend:

- Maliek Collins (projected 3rd or 4th round)

- Alex Lewis (projected 4th round)

- Andy Janovich (projected 4th fullback off the board, usually 3 are taken in the draft so he is on the fence for draft/free agency)

- Vincent Valentine (projected 6th or 7th round)

We also have these guys who might sign as free agents:

- Jonathan Rose - has that big corner size and all the tools where a team would want to take a shot at him.

- Daniel Davie - has the size and blew scouts away with his speed at a recent event. The question with him has always been his ability to translate his athleticism/size/speed to football.

- Jack Gangwish - I don't think he goes pro. But some say he has a chance to get picked up on a practice squad somewhere.

- Zack Sterup - I think he signs a free agent deal somewhere.

Who cares? I'm always baffled at how much interest this garners. It's cool. But I couldnt care less about who is getting drafted. Especially if NU is only winning 6-9 games a year.

Win more and the draft picks come. Success garners attention.

I think it is a stat/record that makes at least some small difference in recruiting. And sure, I am most interested in our results in the win/loss column, but I like to see our players have success after their career at Nebraska as well. If you don't, that's certainly your prerogative.

Most people have heard the stat that Nebraska is the only team to have multiple players draft in every draft the last 50 years. I'm guessing we barely continue that record this year with Collins almost certainly being drafted and most "experts" suggest Alex Lewis will also be drafted. I think V. Valentine is probably a toss up.

Assuming we get 2 or more this year, what about next year? Who are are NFL draft worthy players on the 2017 roster?

My candidates:

Cethan Carter

Nate Gerry

Kevin Maurice

Jordan Westerkamp

Michael Rose-Ivy

I think Foltz has a good shot at being drafted with another solid year. On average two punters are taken each year. http://kickology.blogspot.com/2010/04/punters-draft-review.html

If Newby has a big year, he could sneak into the late rounds as well.

Who cares? I'm always baffled at how much interest this garners. It's cool. But I couldnt care less about who is getting drafted. Especially if NU is only winning 6-9 games a year.

I think it is a stat/record that makes at least some small difference in recruiting. And sure, I am most interested in our results in the win/loss column, but I like to see our players have success after their career at Nebraska as well. If you don't, that's certainly your prerogative.

I think it definitely makes a difference when recruiting. Why shouldn't it?

And why wouldn't you be rooting for Husker players who busted their asses for five years for our amusement to actually get paid for their efforts?

• Fire 2

I think it definitely makes a difference when recruiting. Why shouldn't it?

And why wouldn't you be rooting for Husker players who busted their asses for five years for our amusement to actually get paid for their efforts?

Consistent with my thoughts as well....

My candidates:

Cethan Carter

Nate Gerry

Kevin Maurice

Jordan Westerkamp

Michael Rose-Ivy

I think that Carter and Westercamp are shoe ins to be drafted. Foltz maybe, but we all know about how punters are usually signed as FA's or 7th rounders. (unless you are the 49ers..smh) Maurice and Rose-Ivy need to have big years. I don't think Gerry has the speed or instincts to make the NFL. Maybe as a special teams player, but that is it.

My candidates:

Cethan Carter

Nate Gerry

Kevin Maurice

Jordan Westerkamp

Michael Rose-Ivy

I think that Carter and Westercamp are shoe ins to be drafted. Foltz maybe, but we all know about how punters are usually signed as FA's or 7th rounders. (unless you are the 49ers..smh) Maurice and Rose-Ivy need to have big years. I don't think Gerry has the speed or instincts to make the NFL. Maybe as a special teams player, but that is it.