Maliek Collins

Elliot will basically have to be Adrian Peterson 2.0 to be worth a #4 overall draft choice for him.

Exactly!

Baltimore tried to trade up to 4 for Zeke, which would have probably given Dallas another 3rd round pick, but Bosa, Zeke, and Ramsey would have all been off the board by pick #6.

Baltimore's GM came out after Round 1 that he was trying to trade up to 4 for Ramsey. Who knows if he was just making things up after the fact.

I'm sure Zeke will be very good at Dallas, but Dallas has so many holes that need to be filled long-term, that I don't think RB was the best choice. Especially when Stephen Jones said after round 1 that they were drafting Elliot for 1 contract (5 years). When choosing at #4, I would hope teams are drafting a cornerstone guy who can be there for 8-10 years.

cows have mcfadden and Morris, draft zeke and then draft another rb in the 6th round. Well the cows are set to run the wishbone. They 5 RB on the roster. 3 DE and 2 are suspended for the first 4 games. 2 CB that are worthless and didn't address that till 5 th rd on a project. Once again cows will not get any pressure on the qb which in turn means the CB will get eaten up again.

For that last 3 years, the cows have drafted perfectly. Just when you think the jones might have figured it out , they inform you they haven't.

• 3 weeks later...

No kidding, Collins was never hurt. Somebody must have pissed in that guy's Cheerios this morning.

You are right, Collins has been extremely durable, especially considering what position he plays in this "black and blue" conference.

However this quote:

He's hurt. Shocker

... sounds like what a lot of Cowboys fans are saying about the situation. No knock against Collins, but just another case of bad luck with one of their draft picks and all the news is always bad coming from the Cowboys head office. I have read the following about Mailek's injury:

"...and so it begins."

"Of course he got hurt. We needed him."

"...another guy lost in OTAs. Why do we lose so many?"

"!&*$%#!"

"Just like Dez Bryant, it will be worse than first thought"

"FML!" of course it had to be the guy going to plug a hole in the DL"

Good thing it's a place where we were so deep to begin with."

It sounds like a lot of Cheerios got ruined in the Dallas / Fort Worth area when Collins went down.

• 1 month later...
  • Mavric changed the title to Maliek Collins