Valentine to the Patriots

What?! I thought some people were saying he wouldn't get drafted

Some said it was definitely a possibility. Glad it was not the case. Good for VV!
There were a lot of posters on here bashing VV for his decision to leave NU, even after he earned his degree. These posters can have a big glass of STFU this morning. They were being selfish and only wanted to see VV risk his well-being and future earning power by spending one more year at NU.
  • Fire 1

Some said it was definitely a possibility. Glad it was not the case. Good for VV!
There were a lot of posters on here bashing VV for his decision to leave NU, even after he earned his degree. These posters can have a big glass of STFU this morning. They were being selfish and only wanted to see VV risk his well-being and future earning power by spending one more year at NU.

Maybe they wanted him to come back so he could start working on another degree while still under scholarship.

Or...maybe not!

I would think that VV would be the poster child for handling his career the right way. He got his degree and is now going to make some money and when his playing days are over, will have that degree to fall back on. I honestly don't see what the issue is or could be. It isn't like he is that kid that played basketball at LSU, didn't go to class because he only went to college because he couldn't go straight to the NBA. VV should be praised, not vilified for his accomplishments on and off the field.

• Fire 3

I would think that VV would be the poster child for handling his career the right way. He got his degree and is now going to make some money and when his playing days are over, will have that degree to fall back on. I honestly don't see what the issue is or could be. It isn't like he is that kid that played basketball at LSU, didn't go to class because he only went to college because he couldn't go straight to the NBA. VV should be praised, not vilified for his accomplishments on and off the field.

+1

I don't think anyone was "bashing" him, and I think you're taking this way too personally.
  • Fire 8

I don't think anyone was "bashing" him, and I think you're taking this way too personally.
If you go back through the threads, there were a lot more people being critical of VV for turning pro, compared to being supportive and understanding of his decision. Most of these negative opinions towards him were probably solely based on their own selfishness as being a Husker fan.

It's absolutely great that Valentine went higher in the draft that anyone on HB thought he would. It's absolutely typical that we have posters dominating this thread to say "I told you so"--even though he went higher in the draft that anyone on HB thought he would. (btw, I was one of those who thought he'd be better off staying another year--because I thought he would be better off in the draft *and* for my own selfish reasons.)

• Fire 7