ESPN Curt Schilling

ESPN conveniently edits Curt Schilling out of Red Sox documentary.

I am not much of a Red Sox fan, but to edit out the "bloody sock" on its latest 30 for 30 (Four Days in October) is laughable. Look, I am more of a Royal & Yankee fan but I think the "Bloody Sock" game was not only important to that story, but an integral part of baseball folk lore. I think he is still holding on to it, and I would bet it is admitted at some point into the Baseball Hall of Fame.

It is kind of a travesty I think. Schilling has taken to Twitter to attack ESPN a bit. He Tweeted out about Finding Nemo and Disney editing out Dora from the movie. I personally, have not had much use for the channel the last dozen years or so, but to keep some of the thugs they have on air still, and release Schilling over the Tweet about Transexuals, seems a little odd. The gay-mafia is a powerful bunch.

ESPN cutting Schilling wasn't about just a tweet about transsexuals. Dude has been putting incredibly ignorant stuff out there for a long time now, had been given every warning to stop, but just kept on rolling with stuff that was embarrassing to the company. He deserved to be fired.

ESPN cutting Schilling wasn't about just a tweet about transsexuals. Dude has been putting incredibly ignorant stuff out there for a long time now, had been given every warning to stop, but just kept on rolling with stuff that was embarrassing to the company. He deserved to be fired.

He may have deserved to be fired, but that is not the point.

The question is was it more than a coincidence that his segment was cut from the airing of the show? Was the bloody sock, a memorable piece of history, edited out by vengeful revisionists?

^ that is good info-- i must have missed the part about the softball game running late. The article, I initially read, was from Yahoo sports. Then, Schilling starts up a tweet storm. I would bet, it is corrected next time it airs. Sox fans would be fit to be tied if not.