Off Tackle Empire: Nebraska week

While it may seem like Nebraska was the second worst team in the Big Ten in 2016, they were not - in fact - all that bad. Despite a finish of 6-7, and a few soul crushing losses, Nebraska did play in a bowl that they won against a Power 5 school. So why are they the second team in our series? Simple. Sometimes writers have lives too.

That in mind, it is time for the Nebraska Cornhuskers Cocktail Party Preview where I plan to give you all of the knowledge - this time with more N - you need to impress that Big Red alumnus. Part of me wants to just throw up a giant whelp emoji and move on to the next story, but after failing to recap the 2015 season in post mortem AND failure to really write about anything regarding Nebraska football since before the bowl, the least I can do is help you get that promotion at the ag implement. Let's get to it...

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2016/5/2/11536706/b1g-2016-the-nebraska-cornhuskers-cocktail-party-preview

Other than the screwups about the LB's, not a bad look. They'll be doing Nebraska related previews & stories all week.

• Fire 2

Down the stretch, Nebraska played competitively with teams who were better than them, and even knocked off Michigan State

Nebraska could very easily have been a 9 win team, but just as easily have been a 4 win or dare I say 3 win team.

Those two quotes from the early part of the article told me all I needed to know about the assumptions this author was making about last year's team. Despite all the details and insights given, this is obviously only a casual observer. Not a great source IMO.

• Fire 2