Sen Ben Sasse - draft a third presidential candidate

I actually agree with Senator Sasse on this. Neither Trump nor Clinton are worthy candidates. This process has been flawed from the beginning with terrible choices from both parties.

Only question is, who would we pick?

LINK

Unable to support his party's presumptive presidential nominee, Republican Sen. Ben Sasse is suggesting that Americans draft an alternative candidate to oppose both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in November.

"I've ignored my phone most of today," Sasse wrote, "but the voicemail is overflowing with party bosses and politicos telling me that 'although Trump is terrible,' we 'have to' support him 'because the only choice is Trump or Hillary.'"

"Normal Americans don't like either party," Sasse wrote.

"There are dumpster fires in my town more popular" than Trump and Clinton, he stated.

I actually agree with Senator Sasse on this. Neither Trump nor Clinton are worthy candidates. This process has been flawed from the beginning with terrible choices from both parties.

Only question is, who would we pick?

LINK

Unable to support his party's presumptive presidential nominee, Republican Sen. Ben Sasse is suggesting that Americans draft an alternative candidate to oppose both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in November.

"I've ignored my phone most of today," Sasse wrote, "but the voicemail is overflowing with party bosses and politicos telling me that 'although Trump is terrible,' we 'have to' support him 'because the only choice is Trump or Hillary.'"

"Normal Americans don't like either party," Sasse wrote.

"There are dumpster fires in my town more popular" than Trump and Clinton, he stated.

That's just it. The current GOP is one gigantic dumpster fire, and if there were any viable candidates that could and would win in November, the GOP would have already tapped them.

The GOP has nothing set up long-term because they've spent their energy tearing down the 'establishment' and focusing their energy on pleasing the fringe extremists of the party. Unless you have someone that is reasonably close to being moderate, you have little chance of winning the general election, and no moderate can escape the current GOP nomination process because of all the pandering done to the anti-establishment and evangelical fringe.

Until the GOP either gets rid of the lunatics that have ruined the party or a third moderate party has formed, the GOP will be relegated to the kiddie table of politics for the foreseeable future--close enough to observe because of the messes they will make, and out of earshot so the grownups can have an intelligent conversation.

I say it is a perfect time for a 'coalition' ticket. Rand Paul and Liz Warren. Opposite in so many ways but yet they have a lot in common - just different approaches to solving the problems. Both are anti big banks, anti-international nation building.

Or maybe we find a morderate right Rep gov and moderate left Dem Gov and see what they can get done. I doubt in this political environment that a coalition candidate ticket could be found but the only way not to elect a Trump or a Hillary is to have someone from each party. I don't know of anyone so widely popular who could defeat both party machines by themselves.

Or we can go wt the Libertarian party wt former NM Gov Gary Johnson being the leading candidate. There are a few loony birds listed as candidates as well.

http://2016.libertarian-party.org/

I say it is a perfect time for a 'coalition' ticket. Rand Paul and Liz Warren. Opposite in so many ways but yet they have a lot in common - just different approaches to solving the problems. Both are anti big banks, anti-international nation building.

Or maybe we find a morderate right Rep gov and moderate left Dem Gov and see what they can get done. I doubt in this political environment that a coalition candidate ticket could be found but the only way not to elect a Trump or a Hillary is to have someone from each party. I don't know of anyone so widely popular who could defeat both party machines by themselves.

Or we can go wt the Libertarian party wt former NM Gov Gary Johnson being the leading candidate. There are a few loony birds listed as candidates as well.

I agree that the final two choices are pathetic. We have hundreds of millions of Americans, and this is who we end up with? Seriously?

As for your suggestion for a coalition ticket, Elizabeth Warren is worse than Obama and Hillary combined and would not be someone that could help win. The same thing goes for Paul as he's a bit of a divisive figure. I think the best coalition ticket would be two candidates that are not snipy and are pretty moderate overall, and if I had to pick, it would be John Kasich and Jim Webb. Both have high favorable ratings from the opposing party relative to other candidates in their same party, and both truly prefer to put the country ahead of politics.

What do you have against Warren?

And I strongly dislike Sasse but he has a good idea...

For starters she initiated the horrendous Occupy Wall Street movement which was not peaceful and many of the members trashed whatever venue they were in. She also has pushed every possible regulation to make it tougher for businesses to succeed and create jobs. One recent example is the DOL Fiduciary rule which is created a bunch of extra red tape for financial companies, and on top of that, most independent analysts believes it will reduce choices and hurt middle income Americans. Any possible idea to take it to businesses Warren has been a part of. I realize there is a small contingent in this country that Obama and company have convinced that businesses are evil, but a high majority of families have jobs through large and small businesses, and we need Presidential candidates that advocated better economic growth and more jobs to be created by businesses.

For starters she initiated the horrendous Occupy Wall Street movement which was not peaceful and many of the members trashed whatever venue they were in. She also has pushed every possible regulation to make it tougher for businesses to succeed and create jobs. One recent example is the DOL Fiduciary rule which is created a bunch of extra red tape for financial companies, and on top of that, most independent analysts believes it will reduce choices and hurt middle income Americans. Any possible idea to take it to businesses Warren has been a part of. I realize there is a small contingent in this country that Obama and company have convinced that businesses are evil, but a high majority of families have jobs through large and small businesses, and we need Presidential candidates that advocated better economic growth and more jobs to be created by businesses.

Don't forget lying about being Native American so she could get a job at Harvard!

Don't forget lying about being Native American so she could get a job at Harvard!

"Wut?"

HT_Rachel_Dolezal_ml_150612_4x3_992.jpg

• Fire 2

I agree that the final two choices are pathetic. We have hundreds of millions of Americans, and this is who we end up with? Seriously?

As for your suggestion for a coalition ticket, Elizabeth Warren is worse than Obama and Hillary combined and would not be someone that could help win. The same thing goes for Paul as he's a bit of a divisive figure. I think the best coalition ticket would be two candidates that are not snipy and are pretty moderate overall, and if I had to pick, it would be John Kasich and Jim Webb. Both have high favorable ratings from the opposing party relative to other candidates in their same party, and both truly prefer to put the country ahead of politics.

I would agree wt Kasich and Webb. In fact there is speculation that Trump might be considering Webb: - You are right about Warren - she is pretty left - maybe too extreme of a match wt R Paul.

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/jim-webb-possible-donald-trump-vice/2016/05/05/id/727484/