Tweeting Recruits

Not to mention that I believe it's actually an NCAA violation.

I think that's only if you are a "booster". Not sure though...

The definition of "booster" is pretty wide-ranging. Pretty sure BRB is correct.

Yup. Y'all are right.

Now seems like as good a time as any to remind everyone: If you tweet at a recruit and encourage him to attend your favorite school, you’ve committed an NCAA recruiting violation.

It doesn’t matter that you’re not a donor, a season-ticket holder or even affiliated with the university in any official capacity. You can’t publicly lobby a recruit on behalf of a school.

http://newsok.com/article/3916214

Dumbest rule evar. How would the NCAA even enforce this rule if they tried? What're they gonna do, fine a random person? I don't see how they could bring that back on the school unless the person was somehow affiliated with the school. Not like a university can control what fans say on the interwebz.

I'm also on the side of things that unless you have something positive to say/show a recruit about the school, you shouldn't be tweeting them in the first place.

• Fire 1

Everyone might want to take a look at THIS THREAD. The term "booster" is explained by the NCAA HERE. Among other things, the NCAA considers you a booster if you have "been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics." That's a pretty vague definition, admittedly, and could conceivably include anyone on this board that has ever made a positive comment about Huskers sports of any kind. But also from that same link:

Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else [other than institutional staff members] from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.

• Fire 1

Everyone might want to take a look at THIS THREAD. The term "booster" is explained by the NCAA HERE. Among other things, the NCAA considers you a booster if you have "been involved otherwise in promoting university athletics." That's a pretty vague definition, admittedly, and could conceivably include anyone on this board that has ever made a positive comment about Huskers sports of any kind. But also from that same link:

Generally, NCAA rules prohibit anyone else [other than institutional staff members] from contacting (calling, writing or in-person contact) prospects or the prospect’s relatives or guardian for recruiting purposes.

Guys.... Guys, I get it....

All of those posters that we ran out of town for being so negative... they were just trying to save us from ourselves. They wanted to put an end to the positive Husker comments to prevent incurring that liability. God bless their souls.

• 4 months later...