BTN 2016 football schedule analysis: Nebraska Cornhuskers

That BYE week is in an awful spot, wish we had it 2 weeks later.

Man, I gotta say it and I HATE bringing it up, but our conference losses under the B1G banner are pretty ugly. Consider the following:

-In regulation time, NW is essentially 3-0 in Lincoln

-1-4 vs Wiscy is ugly no matter how you spin it

-Iowa is 2-1 in Lincoln

-We have lost to Purdue, that's kinda Ohio State's thing

-We let Minnesota beat us twice in a row home and away

-Illinois.....

-1 division title after 5 years in the conference speaks volumes

Our biggest accomplishments are far and few between:

-Handed Hoke his 1st B1G home loss in the Big House

-Biggest comeback against tOSU in school history the year they were led by.....Luke Fickell

-We went 3-0 vs Penn State in that short lived "rivalry"

-Knocked off #6 Sparty in Lincoln twice now

Point is, we are overdue to make our mark in this league. For 5 years now we have been the big boys schedule padder with a sparkly name. It's time to announce our return, I vote that starts in 2016.

Does anyone else hate that we (not all of us) look at this schedule and think "Wow, it will be tough" when we know the Huskers will be favored in all but 2 games?

Good point....

This is the kind of schedule we want/need though. This schedule warrants respectability but at the same time is manageable if we stay focused and play to our potential.

Does anyone else hate that we (not all of us) look at this schedule and think "Wow, it will be tough" when we know the Huskers will be favored in all but 2 games?

Good point....

This is the kind of schedule we want/need though. This schedule warrants respectability but at the same time is manageable if we stay focused and play to our potential.

I think the key is that we have a big game with Oregon… If the huskers win that and start off the season 3-0 they become relevant because of one of the better non-conference wins

Good point....

I think the key is that we have a big game with Oregon… If the huskers win that and start off the season 3-0 they become relevant because of one of the better non-conference wins

Makes a statement early on and forces teams like Wisconsin and Ohio State to take us seriously. If we can go 2-1 in those games we will be in good shape.

I see 5 loses as a good possibility. We may be favored in all but 2, but we were favored in most of the games we lost last year. 9-3 would be a good start to Riley's rebuilding the team. 2018, should show what he has built. jmo

GBR!!!

Guessing you mean we lose to Oregon, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa?

My gut tells me we will go 3-2 in those games if not better.

• Fire 1

I see 5 loses as a good possibility. We may be favored in all but 2, but we were favored in most of the games we lost last year. 9-3 would be a good start to Riley's rebuilding the team. 2018, should show what he has built. jmo

GBR!!!

Guessing you mean we lose to Oregon, Northwestern, Wisconsin, Ohio State and Iowa?

My gut tells me we will go 3-2 in those games if not better.

Oregon will be the litmus test. If we can win that one, then we will have a ton of momentum going into the conference schedule. Depending on injuries and stuff like that, I think we will win the NW, Wisky, and definitely the Iowa game. tOSU on the road will be tough as hell to win on the road no matter how much talent they just lost to the NFL draft.

This is also assuming that TA doesn't try to play hero ball all year and make silly turnovers and blow games that we shouldn't for the second year in a row. I don't think that is too much to ask for a Sr QB, but we will see.

Man, I gotta say it and I HATE bringing it up, but our conference losses under the B1G banner are pretty ugly. Consider the following:

-Iowa is 2-1 in Lincoln

-Illinois.....

-Biggest comeback against tOSU in school history the year they were led by.....Luke Fickell

Point is, we are overdue to make our mark in this league. For 5 years now we have been the big boys schedule padder with a sparkly name. It's time to announce our return, I vote that starts in 2016.

I vote that too.

Lol we were 5-7 last year. You don't KNOW that the Huksers will be favored in all of two games. Stop drinking so early.

-Iowa is 2-1 in Lincoln

-Illinois.....

Those are some very depressing numbers. I am with you on the return as a top program as the first time as B1G member.

Lol we were 5-7 last year. You don't KNOW that the Huksers will be favored in all of two games. Stop drinking so early.

As of right now they are favored in all but two.

Ohio State and Wisconsin are the two.

We know they will be favored vs: Fresno, Wyoming, Oregon (NU is favored right now -2), Minny, Purdue and Illini, Maryland and Indiana. Iowa could be a pickem