Mavric

CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

120 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Blades commit?

Player: Elijah Blades
Hometown: Pasadena, California
School: John Muir
Position: Cornerback
Height: 6-2
Weight: 170
40 time:
Offers: Arizona, Auburn, BYU, Colorado, Colorado State, Florida, Fresno State, Nebraska, Oregon State, San Jose State, UNLV, Utah, Washington State
Visits: 1/21/17

Twitter

247 Composite: #138 Overall; #16 CB; .9351; :star :star :star :star

Rivals: #87 Overall; #7 CB; :star :star :star:star
247: #48 Overall; #3 CB; :star :star :star :star
Scout: #33 CB; :star :star :star :star
ESPN: #265 Overall; #25 CB :star :star :star :star

Hudl

Looks like a legit WR option. Are we recruiting him as an athlete?

maybe, but based on his tweet I'd say db

Bad news: visited Florida who is his "dream school" and it was everything he hoped.

Good news: He didn't commit and actually pushed his decision back. Will take some OV's, including here then decide.

And now doesn't sound like his visit this weekend is really set up yet. Not that it can't happen but it has the feeling of one that keeps getting put off and may never really materialize.

And now doesn't sound like his visit this weekend is really set up yet. Not that it can't happen but it has the feeling of one that keeps getting put off and may never really materialize.

If we land Cotton and Calloway/ Hafiz we will be fine. I really like this kid, but unless he visits in December, we won't have a shot at him. Another player that says he will visit but hasn't set anything up yet is Tyler Shelvin. It looks like we will be moving on and taking Eliss or Daniels instead of him, which I am fine with.

any chance? or is that just a hail mary kinda visit?

I would say we are on the outside looking in here. Maybe Stew tries to tell him of the playing time that will open up in 2018, the problem is he has a lot of competition in front of him. Hopefully he takes on the competition as a challenge to make himself better. I would love to have this guy, but as you said we are a hail mary or a long shot from getting him.

any chance? or is that just a hail mary kinda visit?

I would say we are on the outside looking in here. Maybe Stew tries to tell him of the playing time that will open up in 2018, the problem is he has a lot of competition in front of him. Hopefully he takes on the competition as a challenge to make himself better. I would love to have this guy, but as you said we are a hail mary or a long shot from getting him.
Sometimes prayers are answered.. don't know how a hail Mary will turn out till you throw it

Wiltfrong switched his prediction from Florida to Nebraska. Pretty sure we are in it too.

False. Wiltfong has him as a gator. Bartow has him flipping

We can't get west coast kids to come to Nebraska, what the hell does Florida expect trying to get Cali kids?

<sarcasm, kinda>

Torn between UCLA and Oregon

Goodbye visit?
The way I interpreted it was we'd still get a visit those two are just at the top. It was coming from an Oregon 247 guy.