CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

120 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We're probably fine and he's probably N. Something about waiting around for something that seems completely set in stone makes every little thing seem like a big deal in opposition to what you want.

That being said USC still really worries me here and none of this rational thinking will talk me out of it!

That is because it's still relatively unknown how 'real' the thought process is of the USC fans clamoring that he is going to USC if they will let him..

We're probably fine and he's probably N. Something about waiting around for something that seems completely set in stone makes every little thing seem like a big deal in opposition to what you want.

That being said USC still really worries me here and none of this rational thinking will talk me out of it!

That is because it's still relatively unknown how 'real' the thought process is of the USC fans clamoring that he is going to USC if they will let him..

+1

USC didn't even have fans until they beat Penn St in the Rose Bowl.

• Fire 2

Pure speculation but does anyone think Blades set his announcement for the afternoon on NSD to see if USC has any spots left?

Yeah it seems like a possibility, but I don't think that's his goal. I think he has a good idea of where he's going, just waiting until signing day to announce.

His high school could have very well asked him to wait until he has a Study Hall or something like that. Or if the HS wanted to throw a small pep-rally like some schools do, then it could have just been more logical to do that at the end of the day rather than first thing in the morning.

Was it this thread or someplace else that I read DW had him leaning towards flipping to Arizona before taking the job at NU? Kid doesn't just go from nothing to a visit and decommit without a ton of pull from DW

He silently committed to DW at Arizona before commiting to Florida. His words not ours. Recent update in an article.

Gotcha. I couldn't 'member where I read that. Thanks.

On 1620 S&B along with Schaefer were talking about Blades as if he's committed. He could flip at the 11th hour but it sure seems he's N as of now.

I really believe from the hints S&B give that he is a s&$#*t commit. But, we all know that doesnt mean anything until we have his signature.

Also if you have some time go listen to their podcast segment 3. Pretty good stuff. They run over some past years recruits and just how many didnt pan out or left. Its really no wonder why we've been so mediocre for so long.

Lenoir deleted his tweet. I would like to know what it said.

https://twitter.com/savageszniv/status/825075294365216768

earlier today Lenoir tweeted at Blades "where we at?" Not sure if that was the tweet that was deleted. Wonder if they thinking about teaming up?? Would assume that would be good news for us.

Edit: this was not the tweet that was deleted.

That'd still be be pretty neat

• Mavric changed the title to CB Elijah Blades [Oregon Commit]
  • Mavric unpinned this topic