WR Manuel Allen [Louisville Commit]

HuskerBoard Predictor  

65 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Allen commit?

• Nebraska
    • Washington
    • USC
    • UCLA
    • Alabama
    • Oregon
    • Mississippi

This poll is closed to new votes

48 minutes ago, MattyIce said:

Ha my counterpoint to that is what have they done? Won a Heisman with a guy who was almost a Husker?

Haha fair point. I just feel like their recent success (sugar bowl champs 2012, heisman, and finishing ranked for the last couple of years) is better than our track record. I could see it going either way, but find it hard to agree with people that automatically assume we're a better program. Hell, they finished 2nd in a conference behind the national champs. 

On 8/20/2017 at 0:37 PM, MattyIce said:

"Better" maybe isn't the best word, but we get it.

4 losses in 2016

5 losses in 2015

4 losses in 2014

Nebraska: 

4 losses in '16

7 losses in '15

4 losses in '14

It's debatable who would win in a head to head, but I don't think there's any question that Louisville as a team has a better perception around the country right now.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if most PAC-12, ACC, or SEC fans couldn't name a single person on our team. Hell, a lot of them probably couldn't name our coach.

As far as the program itself, I think it's also just as unquestionable that Nebraska is the better overall program.

6 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

Nebraska: 

4 losses in '16

7 losses in '15

4 losses in '14

Its debatable who would win in a head to head, but I don't think there's any question that Louisville as a team has a better perception around the country right now.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if most PAC-12, ACC, or SEC fans couldn't name a single person on our team. Hell, a lot of them probably couldn't name our coach.

As far as the program itself, I think it's also just as unquestionable that Nebraska is the better overall program.

There is plenty of room for you in louisville....

11 hours ago, broganreynik said:

Nebraska: 

4 losses in '16

7 losses in '15

4 losses in '14

Its debatable who would win in a head to head, but I don't think there's any question that Louisville as a team has a better perception around the country right now.

That's the litmus test???  So....if we can't name someone on another team by name, they are a horrible team?

I guess almost all of the SEC, ACC and Pac-12 suck then...because I couldn't name one player on almost all of those teams off the top of my head.

That's odd.

This idea that Louisville has somehow proven they are a better program than Nebraska is just laughable.

• Plus1 3

50 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's the litmus test???  So....if we can't name someone on another team by name, they are a horrible team?

I guess almost all of the SEC, ACC and Pac-12 suck then...because I couldn't name one player on almost all of those teams off the top of my head.

That's odd.

This idea that Louisville has somehow proven they are a better program than Nebraska is just laughable.

Yeah, I'm quite confused about this right now.

51 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's nothing more than some Husker fans so distraught over our program that they just can't fathom the Huskers actually being better or equal to anyone.

Yeah, I basically agree.

I understand looking at our program "objectively" as someone stated, but the point is, just because we aren't in mid-90's form, doesn't mean every program that has a pulse is better than ours.

19 hours ago, Warrior10 said:

A Conference Championship and a BCS bowl win in the last 5 years. 

Digging deeper I am not sure how we have proven, for sure, we are currently the better program.

Since 2006: 

Louisville: 3 conference championships and 2 BCS bowl wins. 

Nebraska: None.

That doesn't mean our ceiling or trajectory isn't better, but the results are there... for them. 

• Plus1 1
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's odd.

Did I say Nebraska is a horrible team? Did I even say Louisville is a better team?

I said national perception. Louisville just had their QB win the Heisman trophy. If you don't think that raises their national perception, I don't know what to tell you.

Take off the rose-colored glasses, and you'll see Louisville has the better national perception.

Im not "distraught" about anything, either. I'm quite the opposite. I love Mike Riley and I have the Huskers pegged to go 11-3 this year.

I also said Nebraska UNQUESTIONABLY has the better football program, but I guess that doesn't count for anything?

Maybe read the whole post instead of trying to decipher meaning from a couple sentences.

• Plus1 2