The Most Absurd Play (or Game) in Husker Football History

The College Football subreddit has an interesting thread going asking fans to list what they think is the most absurd play or game in college football history. I thought I'd ask the very same question here. So, Husker fans, what do you think is the most absurd play or game in Husker Football History?

• Fire 1

The most absurd play I can remember is watching Niles Paul run down the sidelines, after catching a perfect pass, towards and apparent TD and them fumbling the ball on about the 5 yard line for no apparent reason and an ISU guy recovering it.

• Fire 4

Most absurd in what sense? I'd say the most absurd single call was the "catch" that PSU had back in '82 or whatever. Overall absurd officiating goes to the '10 ATM crew.

Absurd fan reaction, in the sense of mind losing...Hmmmm.... Flashback reverse against OU? '95 orange bowl for overall game reaction.

Absurd luck? The kick by wiggens in '97. Absurd loss? '92 loss to ISU or the comedy of errors against Purdue. Absurd season? 2007, though 2004 could make a claim because there's no way that much talent should have finished with a losing season, transition or not (same applies to '15).

• Fire 1

Nebraska's comeback against Miami last year was absurd. You couldn't believe it was happening as you watched. Couldn't figure out if the Husker's were performing a miracle, if Miami was pooping the bed, or both.

Then having come so ridiculously far to seize the moment, handing it right back to Miami made it even more absurd.

There are certainly better, happier plays and games, but I'm trying to take the word "absurd" literally.

• Fire 1

2009 Texas Tech

Our team watched Tech pick up our ball and essentially walk into the endzone with it.

I was going to bring that one up, too. I was at that game and just couldn't believe what I was watching. It was some type of pass that ruled a lateral or something wasn't it?

I also remember a fake field goal attempt in 2008 against Kansas that involved the holder throwing the ball over his back to a running Alex Henery. Worked great against Kansas....... and was then tried against Colorado, which they picked off the toss and ran back for a touchdown.

On the Negative

Penn State - One yard out of bounds 82

Phantom Clip vs FSU - 1994 OB

No Call Fumble vs FSU - 1994 OB

Game - the 2 Iowa State games already mentioned 1992 and the 8 turnover game - 1st time ISU won in Lincoln since 1977

1 Second placed back on the clock - Texas

Positive:

Black 41 Flash Reverse

Davidson Flea catcher

Fumblerooski

Bounce Rooski

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/gJtZYKIzzZE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Fire 1

The most absurd play I can remember is watching Niles Paul run down the sidelines, after catching a perfect pass, towards and apparent TD and them fumbling the ball on about the 5 yard line for no apparent reason and an ISU guy recovering it.

Man, it's amazing how many of those were when NU was about to score. I counted 4 or 5 turnovers where they were in easy FG range, especially for Henery. What an ugly day.

Most absurd in what sense? I'd say the most absurd single call was the "catch" that PSU had back in '82 or whatever. Overall absurd officiating goes to the '10 ATM crew.

Absurd fan reaction, in the sense of mind losing...Hmmmm.... Flashback reverse against OU? '95 orange bowl for overall game reaction.

Absurd luck? The kick by wiggens in '97. Absurd loss? '92 loss to ISU or the comedy of errors against Purdue. Absurd season? 2007, though 2004 could make a claim because there's no way that much talent should have finished with a losing season, transition or not (same applies to '15).

I think by absurd the OP of the subreddit thread meant plays or games that just leave you speechless, good, bad, or otherwise.