No Excuses Next Season?

There are excuses in everything in life - however, they are just that.

If he goes 20+ wins there will be a couple that find excuses why and if he goes 14- wins there will be the same.

His recruiting over the past has given him a hall pass thru their junior years. He should have the pieces in place to show us over the next season or two what trajectory this program is on.

makes you wonder.. when he will be held to the standard by which he was hired! No, I don't expect a year one change, but after 4, I expect way more than what he has produced. So, now he FINALLY gets a big man and that is supposed to change things? No, it doesn't, his job didn't start when he finally got a big man, it started day one!

That said, i will still be here rooting on the team, even if it includes Tim!

• Fire 1

It's year 5 and with the brass being put into the program and the returning players, etc, it's not illogical or insane to start expecting-if not requiring-some results. I'm not talking hot seat. I'm talking job. At some point in time it's gotta be ok to expect some sort of results or else. Now, where that line is drawn (NCAA, 2nd round, sweet 16, NIT, top X in Big ten, etc), I dont know. That's not my dept. Im just calling it as I see it from afar. The patience has to be starting to wear pretty thin. Take away a cute february run and we're really not even close to the level of even the Doc Sadler era except for the fact that the talent level has obvoiusly been majorly upgraded and we've been competitive in situations we wouldntve been in the recent past.

It's year 5 and with the brass being put into the program and the returning players, etc, it's not illogical or insane to start expecting-if not requiring-some results. I'm not talking hot seat. I'm talking job. At some point in time it's gotta be ok to expect some sort of results or else. Now, where that line is drawn (NCAA, 2nd round, sweet 16, NIT, top X in Big ten, etc), I dont know. That's not my dept. Im just calling it as I see it from afar. The patience has to be starting to wear pretty thin. Take away a cute february run and we're really not even close to the level of even the Doc Sadler era except for the fact that the talent level has obvoiusly been majorly upgraded and we've been competitive in situations we wouldntve been in the recent past.

If it's really been upgraded as much as many are saying, shouldn't that be the number one reason why better results should be expected?

• Fire 1

If it's really been upgraded as much as many are saying, shouldn't that be the number one reason why better results should be expected?

Not to mention it only takes one or two really good players to turn around a basketball team/program. It isn't like football where it takes 4-5 years to start seeing if the coach that you hired is on the right track or not. He's been given some advantages thanks to Tom that previous coaches haven't had. Therefore in year 5 (I can't believe that it has been that long already) I don't believe that it is unrealistic to expect the program to start winning games such as a tourney game in which it had never won before. I like Tim and think that he's a really good coach, but as always you have to take the emotion out of the equation and look at the facts. And the facts are that we still shouldn't be as bad as we are after 4 years.

The facts are:

-NU has upgraded the facilities

-We have results over the past 3 years that are similar to teams of the past decade plus

-We currently have a core of recent recruits that are better on paper then any classes in a long time (minus a big man)

-The above recruits are underclassmen and will pan out or not pan out over the next 2 years

-The long awaited big man will be on campus and is going to have to step up quicker then if we had some depth there

Miles has things somewhat in place and needs to produce in the next 24 months!!!

We have the most talent we have ever had.

All are truly Miles guys for the most part compared to the last team he had that went to the dance was a mixture of filler Transfers.

I like Tim Miles. He has been a good recruiter and an enjoyable guy to listen to... That being said, I dont think he has been a great in game coach. Part of that has to do with losing Craig Smith a few years back and being unable to find a true offensive X's and O's guy.

No more excuses. We need to start hot in the B1G and cant lose as many non-con as we have been. The Non-con will be tough with Kansas, Creighton and Clemson being at least 3 of our opponents.

I predict we make the NIT and actually win it all. If that were to happen, I would probably say Tim's seat is warm but i think a lot of that is dependent on if Eichorst stays or not.