IL -14.5

Indy -8.5

Purdue -28.5

Wis +2.5

OSU +10.5

Minny -13.5

MD -16.5

Iowa PK

For some of you it must come as a shock that they are that big of a favorite over Purdue considering last year's game was an instant classic and because we know from various threads that Purdue actually has better talent. I guess all that talent must've graduated and went to the National Football League

• Fire 1

I wish i had those lines thru my bookie right now. I know NW always seems to give us fits, but i really think they will struggle this year. As long as we can figure out how to keep their qb from running all over us, we should win by 5.5 easy imo.

I wish i had those lines thru my bookie right now. I know NW always seems to give us fits, but i really think they will struggle this year. As long as we can figure out how to keep their qb from running all over us, we should win by 5.5 easy imo.

I kind of like that line too. And the Minny line. I like OSU as well as in I would take OSU.

From my "friend"

Fresno St -30

Wyoming -28.5

Oregon PK

NW -5.5

IL -14.5

Indy -8.5

Purdue -28.5

Wis +2.5

OSU +10.5

Minny -13.5

MD -16.5

Iowa PK

For some of you it must come as a shock that they are that big of a favorite over Purdue considering last year's game was an instant classic and because we know from various threads that Purdue actually has better talent. I guess all that talent must've graduated and went to the National Football League

Would love to see the poll results from NU fans of these two statements

Would love to see the poll results from NU fans of these two statements

Not a poll but here's a place to start

• Fire 1

From my "friend"

Fresno St -30

Wyoming -28.5

Oregon PK

NW -5.5

IL -14.5

Indy -8.5

Purdue -28.5

Wis +2.5

OSU +10.5

Minny -13.5

MD -16.5

Iowa PK

I don't think I'd bet on anything regarding the Huskers until I see what our offense will actually look like.

But if forced to pick now, I'd bet the Huskers on the games in red and against them on the games in black. I think we beat Fresno and Wyoming handily but I'm not sure it'll be by more than four TDs, especially the first couple games of the year. I'd like Illinois a lot better laying 0.5-1.0 fewer points. By later in the season I might lay 14-17 points vs. Minny and MD but I'll hedge my bets for now.

No real surprises for me. Nothing that would make me shake my money and proclaim "Sure bet!"

I wish I could remember to check this thread after the season gets rolling.

Anyway your "Friend" remembers what the lines were going into last season?

Hmmm, I remember that last year at the start of the season the Illini line was -9.5

I can't really remember any other ones right now.

Wisconsin line will move a bit I think by the time we play them. Northwestern line is too low and Minnesota I believe. Imo

Do you really think that or are you just hoping? That game is going to be a VERY close game if NW's defense plays the way it did last season.

History would say that it will be a close game. But that's because we've mostly been stupid.

Their defense wouldn't look nearly as good if we don't run it right into the middle of the line 80% of the time.

• Fire 1
  • 1 month later...