"Something Strange is going on...."

Dog people.

People marrying the ocean.

Man turns into goat.

No flags allowed on fire trucks.

Men allowed in women's restorroms.

What a country (in my Yakov Smirnoff voice)

Yeah, I don't think I want to fit in with the current tide of lunacy.

It's been happening forever. Social media is just bringing it to your attention. Which is what 50% of people want. And 99.99999% of these people are harming no one so why make a deal about it?

This is the classic turning of a blind eye. Normalizing this kind of stuff may not harm people in the physical sense but you have NO idea the intellectual damage this does on society.

There has always been strange people. This is nothing new.

If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything.

Do you two support the flags on the fire trucks or do you think they should have been taken off?

• Fire 1

It's been happening forever. Social media is just bringing it to your attention. Which is what 50% of people want. And 99.99999% of these people are harming no one so why make a deal about it?

Oh sure, no harm you say. Until some lunatic with a Glock shows up and blows me when he catches me in his ocean wife! (She smelled like fish, btw)

Edited by NUance
*away. "blows me away" ! lol
  • Fire 1

This is the classic turning of a blind eye. Normalizing this kind of stuff may not harm people in the physical sense but you have NO idea the intellectual damage this does on society.

Do you two support the flags on the fire trucks or do you think they should have been taken off?

People bitch that the world is going to hell, but their solution is to continue the old ways.

What if the old ways got us into trouble and these new, inclusive, ways offer a path out of that trouble?

• Fire 2

Please show me where I ever said I supported forcing taking the flags off.

My post is calling the guy forcing the issue strange. My only point is that I'm not going to waste energy getting all worked up about it as though these kind of people are anything new.

All jokes aside, CoachT. You are about to embark on your first year of teaching (congrats btw), you are about to witness the strange things in this world first hand. If your world gets turned upside down because someone says or does something ridiculous, you are in for a lot of fun. :cheers

Nope, this is completely the result of that damn Obama and that damn PC culture and by God, why can't we just go back to the good ole days of the 1960s?

You mean when drugs and sex were rampant? The golden days of play boy? When men could abuse women? When dirty songs were all over the airways? And racy tv show were abound? Funny... the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Oh sure, no harm you say. Until some lunatic with a Glock shows up and blows me when he catches me in his ocean wife! (She smelled like fish, btw)

What the hell NUance? Take your weird fantasies to the Shed. eyeswear2allthatsholy