*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Uh...... Guys...

There is a chance that Gunnel is the Keyshawn of 2015....

Sounds like he might be bringing some elite talent with him from Texas for the game. It's still up in the air though.

Gunnel has family in Norfolk, NE. He's definitely a big target that could do some peer recruiting for us.

I'm starting to wonder about QB in 2018... after some of rileys comments about how he likes the size of our QB room. Maybe we aren't interested in taking one this year after we missed on our two big targets... or seems like we missed on mckee anyways...

I saw a quote from him saying 5 is our ideal number for the QB room. We need to take one this year to continue on that track.
  • Fire 1

I would think we would be smart to take a QB every cycle. There is concern over transfers at the QB spot, the best way to solve that is keep the talent flowing in.

I agree completely. Just wonder if they are going to dance with wolves, so to speak, on the numbers in this class.
if we somehow magically got Gunnell N soon, maybe we would do that but I doubt it imo. But my opinion is worth its weight in dog crap so who knows what we will actually do with the limited numbers in this class

I think that you almost have to take a QB each year, mainly because the rate that QBs transfer at. I mean all it takes is a pre-season transfer plus an injury and you are down to only having a 2 guys in the room. Look at last year, not having a 2016 QB recruit hurt us.

Now, you probably are not going to get a guy as highly rated as Gebbia/POB every year. These HS recruits want to play and play early, so if they see 2 highly ranked young guys on ahead of them they may cross you off the list.

I think that you almost have to take a QB each year, mainly because the rate that QBs transfer at. I mean all it takes is a pre-season transfer plus an injury and you are down to only having a 2 guys in the room. Look at last year, not having a 2016 QB recruit hurt us.

Now, you probably are not going to get a guy as highly rated as Gebbia/POB every year. These HS recruits want to play and play early, so if they see 2 highly ranked young guys on ahead of them they may cross you off the list.

Yeah, I do agree.

Just was throwing out the possibility.

I think it's needs to be somewhere in the every 3 out of 4/5 range. Preferably 4.
  • 2 weeks later...

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***