*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Not just another '19 QB. This kid is beyond special. Would be the best recruit since Tom Osborne was here if we could land this guy. This is the type of player who could will us to the playoff with an above average but not necessarily elite team. If we have elite talent? Watch out.

I have no clue about our chances here, but this would be a program changer.

Don't see an offer for him yet but Tyler Endres is coming for FNL. Looks like a 92 on 247 as an OT but not rated in other spots. From Iowa so may be a tough pull. Especially since he's been on 2-3 visits there. Hopefully seeing the huge turnout for FNL will get us squarely in the mix.

The top three players from Iowa are pretty solid. The top player, an OT, is already an Iowa commit but if we could snag that QB and this kid, that'd be a good haul.

• Fire 1

Offer for Hicks from Kansas. Seems similar to Garrett? Both would do great for us

Hicks is a DE Garrett is a LB
Garrett out weighs Hicks by 15-20 pounds. They both translate to the same position in the 3-4. Neither will likely be big enough to play up front I wouldn't think

1. Wrong

2. Wrong

3. Wrong

According to 247 those weights are accurate with Garrett at 235 and Hicks at 220. Sedrick King, Ben Stille, Alex Davis all fit the mold of 6'4-6'5 and about 250-260 linebacker. Why can't this kid? Garrett isn't playing up front some at bare minimum I'm not wrong on all of those.

Provide backing for your rational? I'll happily admit to being wrong, just doesn't seem like it's a possibility you can eliminate at this time in the 3-4

Offer for Hicks from Kansas. Seems similar to Garrett? Both would do great for us

Hicks is a DE Garrett is a LB
Garrett out weighs Hicks by 15-20 pounds. They both translate to the same position in the 3-4. Neither will likely be big enough to play up front I wouldn't think

1. Wrong

2. Wrong

3. Wrong

Also, he's quoted as saying Parrella specifically told him he could be either an OLB or DE. Article goes on to include his conversation with Riley where he was told he could play... you guessed it OLB or DE. The wording made it sound like it leaned towards OLB by the coaches, but his personal comfort level is DE where he's always played

As for the weight, Hicks's was updated and he's 230 as opposed to what 247 has so Garrett is only 5 pounds heavier.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***