*** 2019 Recruiting ***

1 hour ago, Hedley Lamarr said:

If he qualifies he will be class of 19 if he wants. 

Thank you.

3 hours ago, MinnwiscowaSker said:

Article is about class of ‘19. Masry will be class of ‘20. Accurate reporting there. 

You do not have to stay two years at a JUCO.  A lot of kids do because of academics or to get noticed/physically ready. If he qualifies he will be one and done because he is already wanted by D1 schools.

Edited by runningblind

Yes, if he qualifies. If not, he's class of '20.  We don't know which class Masry will be in, but as of now he's not a qualifier, so I went with '20.

My comment was snarky to the poster making a snarky comment to a factual report. I agree with Cavanaugh, that there are three DL prospects from Iowa Western to "keep an eye on." Both staffs offered Masry. I'm sure its a given that they'll keep an eye on him too.

Will be interesting to see where Wiscy ends up.

It’s early, oh so early. But Wisconsin’s 2019 recruiting class could be historic.

Never mind that the Badgers rank third nationally in the 2019 rankings. That’s a number that won’t hold. Instead, focus on who Wisconsin already has committed and the history the group is poised to make.

Since 2002, Wisconsin has never singed more than a quartet of four-star prospects. Thus far in 2019, the Badgers already have four four-star prospects committed. Consider, too, that in that time period Wisconsin’s never had a class finish better than 30th overall. Right now, the Badgers are on pace to potentially ink their first top 25 class in program history.

“Coming off a big season definitely helps,” four-star tight end and Wisconsin commit Hayden Rucci told 247Sports. “Coach Chryst and company are doing a hell of a job recruiting. I know a big part of my decision was the recruits that were already committed. We have a great group of guys right now, and we’re looking to add some more.”

Rucci, a Pennsylvania native, committed to Wisconsin last week. Before he pulled the trigger, the Badgers already held pledges from four-star QB Graham Mertz (Kansas), four-star offensive tackle Joe Tippmann (Indiana) and Brown, who hails from Minnesota. That’s not to sell Wisconsin’s other commits short; all four are them are fringe four-star prospects in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, and safety Bryson Shaw (Maryland) and athlete Nolan Groulx (North Carolina) are rated as four-star prospects by 247Sports. Offensive tackle Logan Brown, the nation’s No. 41 overall recruit in the 247Sports Composite, would be the second-highest ranked prospect the Badgers have ever signed.

• Plus1 1

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***