*** 2019 Recruiting ***

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Yup.  Since at least the 2018 cycle.

Meh...the 2018 cycle wasn't that interesting to me since from about mid season, it was pretty clear there was going to be a new staff and so anything done before that might as well be ignored.

The 2019 cycle is the first time in....well.....ever....since we actually have the media darling as the new HC and with a staff that has been around the block with each other and have proven they can win.

22 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Meh...the 2018 cycle wasn't that interesting to me since from about mid season, it was pretty clear there was going to be a new staff and so anything done before that might as well be ignored.

The 2019 cycle is the first time in....well.....ever....since we actually have the media darling as the new HC and with a staff that has been around the block with each other and have proven they can win.

If we win some ball games this year- it will get real interesting. Pair the hype with results.

• Plus1 1

27 minutes ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So it seems like we are pretty high up on the list for several LB prospects. How many do you think we would realistically take in a smaller class?  I guess the number will be somewhat dependent on what the staff thinks Snodgrass and Jurgens will play. 

Nelson and Snodgrass as of now are projecting at LB. Dixon will also have to sit until next year it seems. That's already possibly 3 kids for 19'. 

45 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Nelson and Snodgrass as of now are projecting at LB. Dixon will also have to sit until next year it seems. That's already possibly 3 kids for 19'. 

I see Nelson at OLB for sure.  Snodgrass most likely OLB, but they are leaving that open for now.  Dixon is already on scholarship and is a hybrid Safety/OLB, so I'm not sure if I would exactly count him towards the OLB numbers for '19.

That said, I think they'll try to get at least 1 more top end guy (Pappoe would be great) to add some talent at the spot.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of attrition at the LB spot too.

2 hours ago, HS_Coach_C said:

I see Nelson at OLB for sure.  Snodgrass most likely OLB, but they are leaving that open for now.  Dixon is already on scholarship and is a hybrid Safety/OLB, so I'm not sure if I would exactly count him towards the OLB numbers for '19.

That said, I think they'll try to get at least 1 more top end guy (Pappoe would be great) to add some talent at the spot.  I wouldn't be surprised to see a bit of attrition at the LB spot too.

So what happens if we someone land Pappoe and Henrich?  I guess in a 34 base thats not the worst problem we could have. 

Just now, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

So what happens if we someone land Pappoe and Henrich?  I guess in a 34 base thats not the worst problem we could have. 

I think Henrich projects as an ILB, so they won't be at the same position.  Plus, Frost wants athletes, I don't think they'll turn away top guys that fit their culture and scheme.

• Plus1 1

Extremely preliminary here but it's a starting point.  16 seniors this year plus over-sign by 3 would be 19.  I'm going to use a nice, round 20 - we have to get down 3 spots from where we are currently before fall camp so it might be 22-23 by a year from now.

Priority:

QB - Frost says one every year but it might be two this year - I expect either POB or Gebbia to leave

OT - A continued trouble spot  but we'll see what the new guys can do

DT - Need to re-stock

CB - We'll have to see how the 2018 guys slot in but we don't have a lot of young ones

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1-2 - Max Duggan
RB - 1-2 - Rahmir Johnson, Jouvensly Bazile, John Bivens, Breece Hall, Darwin Barlow
WR - 3-4 - Kyren Williams, Marcus Washington, Cameron Coleman, Garrett Wilson, Bryce Childress, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams
TE - 1 - 
OT - 2-3 - Jayme Simmons, John Olmstead, Jack Buford
OG/C - 1-2 - McKade Mettauer, William Putnam, Danielson Ike, E.J. Ndoma-Ogar

NT - 1-2 - 
DE - 2 - ETHAN PIPERMarcus Hicks, Ty Robinson, Mosai Newsom, Stephon Wright, Keyon Ware-Hudson
LB - 3 - GARRETT NELSON, Nick Henrich, Owen Pappoe, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Allen Smith, Luke Fulton
CB - 2-3 - Sheridan Jones
S - 1-2 - Jalani Williams, Jalyn Phillips

ATH - GARRETT SNODGRASSChris Hickman, Jeffery Carter

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***