*** 2019 Recruiting ***

1 hour ago, Making Chimichangas said:

For those of you who really follow recruiting...

Is 2019 shaping up to be the best for in-state recruiting ever?  Or at least in a long time?

It just seems like there are more in-state kids this year who are capable of playing at a high level than ever before.  Asking because I legit do not know.

Yes, definitely. Talent in the state is growing, but this is probably a once-every-ten-years kind of in-state class. 

Not sure how many of the 'offers' reported and listed in the recruiting forum are still current but how many "offers" are normal for a given recruiting year?   I am just curious because it seems like we have a LOT of pending offers when we're looking for around 20 recruits?   We have roughly 230 offers out on the list and I realize this list is those that board members have picked up on and quite a number are from the previous staff so there could well be a significant perentage that are NOT real or no longer effective?

Is it common practice for most schools to 'shotgun' so many offers to seemingly a large portion of the the highly regarded players? 

Are the offers only made after detailed preparatory contacts, reviews, etc or do we make a large bunch of offers initially and then gage the interest by the recruits replay back?

On 3/4/2018 at 6:09 AM, 84HuskerLaw said:

Not sure how many of the 'offers' reported and listed in the recruiting forum are still current but how many "offers" are normal for a given recruiting year?   I am just curious because it seems like we have a LOT of pending offers when we're looking for around 20 recruits?   We have roughly 230 offers out on the list and I realize this list is those that board members have picked up on and quite a number are from the previous staff so there could well be a significant perentage that are NOT real or no longer effective?

Is it common practice for most schools to 'shotgun' so many offers to seemingly a large portion of the the highly regarded players? 

Are the offers only made after detailed preparatory contacts, reviews, etc or do we make a large bunch of offers initially and then gage the interest by the recruits replay back?

First, an "offer" could potentially just mean this team is talking to me. Second, schools do put out hundreds of offers every cycle. Its a numbers game in a sense.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***