*** 2019 Recruiting ***

3 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

I'm most excited about getting JUCO players again. We need to land 2 OL and 2+ players on defense. Rush end and a CB 

Corner is a position that is pretty scary. All of those areas are high need but I'd almost put that as highest importance. Especially if you can get an older plug and play guy.

• Plus1 1

22 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

This early in the process I'm not sure worried/concerned are appropriate, but is anyone else slightly worried about the lack of interest/traction with CB's in a year when we likely need 3+?

Unless they are waiting to push during the season when they can show some things off. 

I feel like they are sort of building up to a major push.. Used the hype from being hired to fill the '18 class and then maybe use a few things from the season to show guys what we are building toward?

3 minutes ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Unless they are waiting to push during the season when they can show some things off. 

I feel like they are sort of building up to a major push.. Used the hype from being hired to fill the '18 class and then maybe use a few things from the season to show guys what we are building toward?

It seems were are doing well gaining traction at most other positions though?

16 seniors this year plus over-sign by 3 would be 19.  Several reports that the staff is planning on 23-25 again.

Priority:

QB - Frost says one every year but it might be two this year

OT - A continued trouble spot  but we'll see what the new guys can do

DT - Need to re-stock

CB - We'll have to see how the 2018 guys slot in but we don't have a lot of young ones

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1-2 - Michael Johnson, John Rhys Plumlee, Terrance Gipson, Luke McCaffrey, Jayden Daniels
RB - 2-3 - THOMAS GRAYSONRAHMIR JOHNSON, Ronald Thompkins
WR - 3-4 - Kyren Williams, Marcus Washington, Cameron Coleman, Bryce Childress, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams
TE - 1 - Chris Hickman
OT - 2-3 - Jayme Simmons, Jack Buford
OG/C - 1-2 - McKade Mettauer, William Putnam, Danielson Ike

NT - 1-2 - 
DE - 2 - ETHAN PIPERTy Robinson, Mosai Newsom, Stephon Wright
LB - 3 - GARRETT NELSON, Marcus Hicks, Nick Henrich, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Luke Fulton, Ge'mon Eaford, JUCO Jermaine Johnson, Maninoa Tufono
CB - 2-3 - Javin Wright
S - 1-2 - Jalani Williams, Jalyn Phillips

ATH - GARRETT SNODGRASSMarquis Wilson

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***