*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Just now, StPaulHusker said:

My point is how can they still be playing catch up if they have offered 338 kids based on the evaluation process he mentioned?  He's just talking knowing people will buy whatever he's saying right now.

Because they've had three months to evaluate, recruit and build relationships with kids where a lot of other coaching staffs have had a couple years.

• Plus1 5

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Because they've had three months to evaluate, recruit and build relationships with kids where a lot of other coaching staffs have had a couple years.

They are recruiting the same places they were at UCF.  Maybe a few newer places but mostly all the same.  Again, just another excuse

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

They are recruiting the same places they were at UCF.  Maybe a few newer places but mostly all the same.  Again, just another excuse

No, they're not.  Try looking at how many of the guys they've offered have UCF offers.

Apparently you're the one who actually knows what the coaches are thinking because you can divine that they're not actually thinking what they say they're thinking.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I took Frost’s wing it comment to mean they haven’t been able to follow normal process for all that they’ve offered. If they want to go back and evaluate the players they’ve already offered, they are still trying to catch up.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

No, they're not.  Try looking at how many of the guys they've offered have UCF offers.

Apparently you're the one who actually knows what the coaches are thinking because you can divine that they're not actually thinking what they say they're thinking.

Sean Beckton has been recruiting Georgia for years

Ryan Held has been recruiting JUCO's for years

Dewitt and Fisher?  Florida for years.

These kids know who they are.  They have been in those schools many times and know the coaches.  

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Sean Beckton has been recruiting Georgia for years

Ryan Held has been recruiting JUCO's for years

Dewitt and Fisher?  Florida for years.

These kids know who they are.  They have been in those schools many times and know the coaches.  

And they've only offered kids in Florida, Georgia and at JUCOs, right?

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Who cares if the staff has offered 50 or 1,000 - I don't see the issue if we end up getting good players and winning football games 

The number doesn't really matter.  I'm just curious how many offers there will be before the coaching staff feels they are caught up in 2019 recruiting.  338 sounded, to me,  like they should be there.  I guess not.

47 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

The number doesn't really matter.  I'm just curious how many offers there will be before the coaching staff feels they are caught up in 2019 recruiting.  338 sounded, to me,  like they should be there.  I guess not.

Has THIS staff offered 338, or is that counting who Riley's staff also offered? I assume the latter 

• Plus1 1

Would anyone else be a little disappointed if Luke McCaffrey ends up being our only QB for this class? The high school he plays for is where most of the top talent in the state goes if they can so they pretty much run the table. It leads to recruits looking better than they really are a lot of the time since Colorado isn’t (usually) exactly flush with talent in the first place. Their team looked much better when their mediocre senior 3-star QB was in the game last year which is a little disconcerting.

It’s the one position I think we can always trust Frost in evaluating for his offense so I guess I wouldn’t be too mad. Just seems like a weird QB for the class but maybe he is set to have a big senior year.

Also, Held has already done more recruiting for us than Reggie Davis ever did.

40 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Would anyone else be a little disappointed if Luke McCaffrey ends up being our only QB for this class? The high school he plays for is where most of the top talent in the state goes if they can so they pretty much run the table. It leads to recruits looking better than they really are a lot of the time since Colorado isn’t (usually) exactly flush with talent in the first place. Their team looked much better when their mediocre senior 3-star QB was in the game last year which is a little disconcerting.

It’s the one position I think we can always trust Frost in evaluating for his offense so I guess I wouldn’t be too mad. Just seems like a weird QB for the class but maybe he is set to have a big senior year.

I would be disappointed if the only QB that we took for 2019 was a kid that no one is sure if he would actually play QB in college.

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Caliborn72 said:

Oh, so his older brothers suck then?

3 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

Oh, so his older brothers suck then?

Haha well Christian obviously didn’t suck. I’m not sure we have much on Dylan at this point though? He certainly doesn’t suck based on the recruiting stars and most of his offers but I haven’t heard his name mentioned really and it’s got to be seen as a bit of a loss that he never pushed their terrible QBs last year. We might be relying on a true freshman QB who missed his senior year but Michigan desperately needed to add a start-right-away transfer QB when Dylan is a redshirt freshman seems like another indictment.

Anyway, my point wasn’t to say that anyone who plays for Valor Christian HS sucks, just that I think you have to put them all in context. The fact that Luke wasn’t able to put up #s like Dylan did passing the ball seems worrisome.

2 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

Haha well Christian obviously didn’t suck. I’m not sure we have much on Dylan at this point though? He certainly doesn’t suck based on the recruiting stars and most of his offers but I haven’t heard his name mentioned really and it’s got to be seen as a bit of a loss that he never pushed their terrible QBs last year. We might be relying on a true freshman QB who missed his senior year but Michigan desperately needed to add a start-right-away transfer QB when Dylan is a redshirt freshman seems like another indictment.

Anyway, my point wasn’t to say that anyone who plays for Valor Christian HS sucks, just that I think you have to put them all in context. The fact that Luke wasn’t able to put up #s like Dylan did passing the ball seems worrisome.

The QB in front of Luke is a FR at Colorado. So Luke’s SO and JR years in HS the QB’s in front of him both went to P5 schools and Luke started at other positions because he is that athletic and apparently wasn’t as accomplished as a passer as 2 guys who went to P5 schools as QB’s

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***