*** 2019 Recruiting ***

5 minutes ago, BigRedN said:

@RedDenver, we can agree that this is red neck and brilliant ... and it made us both laugh.

I agree, that's funny. And we're good, I thought you were drawing a conclusion based on faulty data and I pointed it out because I didn't agree and it's the off-season so we have to argue the minutiae of recruiting rankings.

9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

They do seem to be a bit more athletic than Riley's.  I was speaking more on terms of like recruiting rankings and how they are rated.

So far, all 3 coaches are getting about the same rated players at each position, give or take.

I don't pay attention enough to recruiting to make any opinion there.

9 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

So far, all 3 coaches are getting about the same rated players at each position, give or take.

100% correct in this statement. But I will add to it that I believe Frost is getting guys with more athletic ability and fit a scheme he runs. He has a clear direction of what he wants and what his system is. The last 2 staffs seem confused and didnt know what they wanted.

Osborne did not recruit great- but he had a system. I feel we have that again.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

100% correct in this statement. But I will add to it that I believe Frost is getting guys with more athletic ability and fit a scheme he runs. He has a clear direction of what he wants and what his system is. The last 2 staffs seem confused and didnt know what they wanted.

I will add in Frost's focus and emphasis on S&C and player development.  These 2 areas stagnated a bit under Pelini, and was non-existent under Riley.

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

Defensively, there definitely seems to be more of a plan from Frost.

Osborne recruited quite well.  Not sure where this narrative comes from.

• Plus1 1
Just now, ColoradoHusk said:

I will add in Frost's focus and emphasis on S&C and player development.  These 2 areas stagnated a bit under Pelini, and was non-existent under Riley.

This will get them to good place but we will need the better players too.  Saban and Urb are recruiting AND developing.

50 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I'm curious about this.  Is there an area in the last class and so far this one that this coaching staff has recruited better than the last 2 staffs before have?  On paper anyway?  I'm not seeing it yet.

They had to kind of scramble to put together that last class and think they did a really good job for the time they had.  I agree with others that this staff is much more about fitting the scheme than stars and the like.  It remains to be seen but I feel like they've got some serious recruiting momentum that it never really felt that way under the other two staffs, which is why I said I think they CAN.  I will say I don't think there's anyway Bo or Riley get an athlete like McCaffrey.  It may not be this year (although I think there's a chance), this staff will make the previous staffs look foolish when it comes to recruiting results, IMO.

5 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

This will get them to good place but we will need the better players too.  Saban and Urb are recruiting AND developing.

I don't disagree.  It's always better to have "better players".  Where this discussion is turning to is why I typically stay away from the recruiting board, and I will see myself out. PEACE!!!

2 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

They had to kind of scramble to put together that last class and think they did a really good job for the time they had.  I agree with others that this staff is much more about fitting the scheme than stars and the like.  It remains to be seen but I feel like they've got some serious recruiting momentum that it never really felt that way under the other two staffs, which is why I said I think they CAN.  I will say I don't think there's anyway Bo or Riley get an athlete like McCaffrey.  It may not be this year (although I think there's a chance), this staff will make the previous staffs look foolish when it comes to recruiting results, IMO.

Momentum has definitely shifted for them late last week and into this week.

I think Bo got an athlete like McCaffrey.  He just went and played baseball instead.  He might have done it more than once.  Riley "might" have got one if you count keeping Morgan Jr in the fold after he was hired.  But people will be able to debate that all day to no end.

6 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I don't disagree.  It's always better to have "better players".  Where this discussion is turning to is why I typically stay away from the recruiting board, and I will see myself out. PEACE!!!

No no.  Don't go.  I've decided to be a kinder, gentler, SPH.

23 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

Why not offensively? I think he clearly is getting a certain type of player at receiver and running back and QB. SPEED. 

I think overall. And I dont intend to list off every reason why. But the main difference I feel between frost and everyone who has coached here since Solich left. Its just feels like we have a staff who knows what they are doing- they have a plan- they know what they want. It just feels like we have a coach who is in charge of the program. 

23 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I think that is absolutely false.   They have an identity on defense, but is also very evident on offense too.  Speed, speed, speed at the skill positions.  Guys that fit their scheme upfront.  They value guys that can move and trust they will get duval to help turn them into a monster on the OL.  Athletic dual threat qb.  Running is important but he needs to be able to process quickly and fairly accurate

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***