*** 2019 Recruiting ***

3 minutes ago, Comfortably Numb said:

I've got a question for any of you recruitniks. What does CB mean as in, CB by Wiltfong?

I've sort of deducted that means Wiltfong predicted him to commit/sign with that team but I can not come up with specifically what CB stands for.

CB-Crystal Ball the crystal ball prediction on 247

• Plus1 1

3 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

Would any Husker fans be okay with this if Kelly was our HC?  What if this was the case right now under Frost?

I wish I could say it would fall under the old "It doesnt matter where you start, it matters where you finish"

But Yes, I would be a bit concerned that no one had verbally committed.

When its all said and done, I would bet Chip does just fine and is slow playing it at the moment but you would be crazy to not be a little nervous.

1 hour ago, Minnesota_husker said:

I wish I could say it would fall under the old "It doesnt matter where you start, it matters where you finish"

But Yes, I would be a bit concerned that no one had verbally committed.

When its all said and done, I would bet Chip does just fine and is slow playing it at the moment but you would be crazy to not be a little nervous.

IIRC, UCLA has put out very few offers. Pretty much the opposite technique as us.

• Plus1 1

Two transfers this week but we still have 15 open spots plus 3 is 18.  But everyone seems to expect this class to still push 25.

Priority:

OT - A continued trouble spot  but we'll see what the new guys can do

DT - Need to re-stock

CB - We'll have to see how the 2018 guys slot in but we don't have a lot of young ones

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 2-3 - THOMAS GRAYSONRAHMIR JOHNSON, Ronald Thompkins, Tyler Goodson, Josh Henderson
WR - 3-4 - Kyren Williams, Marcus Washington, Cameron Coleman, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams, Brieon Fuller
TE - 1-2 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, Chris Hickman
OT - 2-3 - Jayme SimmonsTaylor Miterko, Bryce Benhart, Matthew Anderson, Michael Lynn
OG/C - 1-2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMcKade Mettauer, William Putnam, Danielson Ike

NT - 1-2 - JUCO Tony Fair, Gio Paez
DE - 2 - ETHAN PIPERTy Robinson, Mosai Newsom, Stephon Wright
LB - 3 - GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, Nick Henrich, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Ge'mon Eaford, JUCO Jermaine Johnson, Maninoa Tufono, Peni Naulu, Zach Marcheselli
CB - 2 - Javin Wright, Isaiah Essissima, Tiawan Mullen
S - 2 - Quinton Newsome, Cornelius Nunn

ATH - Tayvion Robinson

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

It is weird to see some of the posts with all the .84 & .85 guys we keep offering. 

I'm also good if as many as 6 more players leave.  I consider us in rebuild mode.  

I also think the staff is playing the long game with some of our recruiting offers.  That they are figuring by the time these players are juniors or so, culture, scheme fit and s&c will have them performing high. 

• Plus1 1
24 minutes ago, macroboy said:

It is weird to see some of the posts with all the .84 & .85 guys we keep offering

I'm also good if as many as 6 more players leave.  I consider us in rebuild mode.  

I also think the staff is playing the long game with some of our recruiting offers.  That they are figuring by the time these players are juniors or so, culture, scheme fit and s&c will have them performing high. 

I believe I heard on S&B, minus the B this week, the prospects at that range who continue to get recruited by the staff is a testament to identifying talent, knowing and sticking to their plan, but mostly the cohesiveness of the staff. The latter seems to currently be their biggest advantage. 

22 minutes ago, macroboy said:

That is a fan honeymoon view point for sure.  

Ya... I have no reason to doubt them with recruiting and I'm gonna wait a couple years before doing so, but hopefully they realize they need to recruit higher caliber players than they had at UCF. I believe they can coach players up, but Nebraska plays much tougher teams during the season. I'm assuming this season they just think they're too far behind to try to go after a bunch of 4 and 5 star players. The offer to a 2020 5 star player might be evidence of that.

• Plus1 2
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***