*** 2019 Recruiting ***

6 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

We know that Grayson's offer to Nebraska is committable since he is committed.  Was just curious if Tennessee's, TTU's, etc were all committable and if that is why his rating on Rivals is "low" according to swmohusker.

I’ll admit I read none of that crap above. My statement is more in general of Frosts recruiting at Nebraska.

28 minutes ago, ScottyIce said:

I think it’s fair to assume that all offers made by frost’s staff are committable until that position group is full.

So QB offers are no longer committable I assume and it’s possible RB offers are not committable right now.

I disagree, kind of. 

Maybe they aren't straight up telling kids their offer is non-commitable. But I could see them doing things like telling kids they have to wait and visit before they can commit.... but then Frost&Co can schedule the visit as late in year as they want. 

We have two WR spots available this year and it's been said they'll be picky, therefore they aren't going to take just anyone. 

• Plus1 1
52 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

I was speaking more in terms of Grayson and his rating being too low or spot on.  swmohusker believes it's too low because of the reported offers.  I am just wondering, because of his injury, if these are all committable offers and if not, does that affect Rivals' rating of a player.

2 star is too low for this kid.  If you factor in film, measurables ,competition, and "reported" offers this kid is not a 2 star kid.  

29 minutes ago, Warrior10 said:

I disagree, kind of. 

Maybe they aren't straight up telling kids their offer is non-commitable. But I could see them doing things like telling kids they have to wait and visit before they can commit.... but then Frost&Co can schedule the visit as late in year as they want. 

We have two WR spots available this year and it's been said they'll be picky, therefore they aren't going to take just anyone. 

Yeah, that’s possibly also true. I mean, not many dudes are committing immediately after they get offered either.

11 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

So why are they rating him as such?

Dont know.   Will he be a better prospect when they bump his ratings up?  Nope.  

He is a 3 star by 247 and ESPN.  Don't think his 2 star by rivals is an indicator of his talent.  That is my opinion and by no means factual.  

3 hours ago, swmohusker said:

Dont know.   Will he be a better prospect when they bump his ratings up?  Nope.  

He is a 3 star by 247 and ESPN.  Don't think his 2 star by rivals is an indicator of his talent.  That is my opinion and by no means factual.  

I thought if guys ratings go up they automatically get faster and more athletic because of their ratings? Thats not true?

• Plus1 1

Two transfers this week but we still have 15 open spots plus 3 is 18.  But everyone seems to expect this class to still push 25.

Priority:

OT - A continued trouble spot  but we'll see what the new guys can do

DT - Need to re-stock

CB - We'll have to see how the 2018 guys slot in but we don't have a lot of young ones

Current Scholarships/Commits

QB - 1 - LUKE McCAFFREY
RB - 3 - THOMAS GRAYSONRAHMIR JOHNSON, RONALD THOMPKINS, Tyler Goodson, Josh Henderson, Wandale Robinson
WR - 3-4 - Marcus Washington, Mycah Pittman, Kyle Ford, Marlyn Johnson, Jameson Williams, Brieon Fuller, Rashee RiceJamie Nance
TE - 1-2 - Chris Hickman
OT - 2-3 - MATTHEW ANDERSON, Jayme SimmonsTaylor Miterko, Bryce Benhart, Michael Lynn, Danielson Ike, Chris Okporoghene
OG/C - 1-2 - JUCO DESMOND BLANDMcKade Mettauer, William Putnam

NT - 1-2 - JUCO Tony Fair, Gio Paez
DE - 2 - ETHAN PIPERTy Robinson, Mosai Newsom, Stephon Wright
LB - 3-4 - GARRETT SNODGRASS, GARRETT NELSON, JACKSON HANNAH, Nick Henrich, Makobe Dean, Spencer Lytle, Ge'mon Eaford, JUCO Jermaine Johnson, Maninoa Tufono, Peni Naulu, Zach Marcheselli, Daniel Heimuli, Kevon Glenn
CB - 2 - Javin Wright, Isaiah Essissima, Tiawan Mullen
S - 2 - Quinton Newsome, Cornelius Nunn

Edited by Mavric
Updated
  • Plus1 1

Currently in 33rd for team ranking on 247.

If we land Henrich, Robinson, Hickman, Mullen, Ike, Anderson it basically locks us into 50th based on the 2018 class final rankings which isn’t bad at all considering its with 14 commits only.  It’ll all come down to what Frost can do with the remaining open slots.

Anyone known the number in this class now?

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, ScottyIce said:

Currently in 33rd for team ranking on 247.

If we land Henrich, Robinson, Hickman, Mullen, Ike, Anderson it basically locks us into 50th based on the 2018 class final rankings which isn’t bad at all considering its with 14 commits only.  It’ll all come down to what Frost can do with the remaining open slots.

Anyone known the number in this class now?

I have heard they are pushing for between 22-25. Guessing thats because of more attrition on the way. So if they add another 10 to that 14 you mentioned. I would see them in the top 20 if its quality guys.

I've said since the beginning for specified college offenses like Frost's the star rating is less meaningful. Of course you don't want a team full of 2/3 stars, but the Pro Style kids out of HS get way more attention. We are locking up the local talent now, and will get a few big names once OV's hit this fall for live games. Take a deep breath boys it's only June. 

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***