*** 2019 Recruiting ***

10 hours ago, HuskermanMike said:

Thanks again for these Mav! I believe we will only take one NT this year and that will be Tony Fair. Why do I say this? Well, for 2019 we will have the transfer from Utah, Fair, and Daniels as an RSoph. We could also move Khalil to the Nose or one of those DT to Nose as some played it last year. 

Here is my breakdown of how many we land at each position

QB-1 - Officially done at this position. 

RB 3- The only reason we recruit this position is in case someone is looking around still. 

WR- 3- Potentially four if we get our targets and Pittman wants in you do not turn that talent away. 

TE- 1- Going all in on Hickman and will probably not target anyone else until the staff feels that he is wavering. 

OT- 3- Need to get a few at this position, Austin really likes Ike from the KC area and we need one more if we get him.

OL-2- Already got Bland and now we need another inside lineman for this cycle. 

Offense- 13

NT-1- Fair is our main guy and we are sitting well with him. Although, it has been relatively quiet on him lately. 

DE- 2- Ty Robinson is the top target and if we don't get him we will get Newsome.

LB-5- Need to get Henrich and then Jermaine Johnson would be our next top target. If we get those two we are done at the position for 2019 with 5.

CB-2- Javin Wright is high on us and now we need to land a big fish here.

S-2- One will most likely be a true Safety and the other may slide to corner if need be. If Domann is done with football two true Safties will be necessary here.

Defense-12 

Total- 25 

I think we need to take a freshman NT and redshirt him because three of the NT that you listed are going to be seniors.

Thank you for posting this. It is really good information.

13 hours ago, Young Grand Island Husker said:

I think we need to take a freshman NT and redshirt him because three of the NT that you listed are going to be seniors.

Thank you for posting this. It is really good information.

Yea we could do that, but it feels like the staff isn't pressing the need for a Nose so that is why I said we are most likely only going after Fair. It would make sense to take two but we could take two in 2020 and still be fine. If we do go after another guy for 2019 he will replace one of the freshmen in the depth chart as a soph or RSfresh. Four is the ideal number to have with one guy as a potential Nose but truly a DT in the 3-4 sort of like Khalil Davis. 

Fall of 2020 NT position

Fair- senior

Daniels-Junior

Freshman

Freshman 

• Plus1 1
On 7/5/2018 at 7:37 PM, HS_Coach_C said:

It looks like maybe an OL from Fork Union Military school, which is a prep school in Virginia.

I would assume walk-on obviously.

https://www.hudl.com/profile/9994467/Mitchell-Balenger

First: who uses AOL anymore?

Second: if it was April 1st, I would think this was a prank. His highlights are pretty bad and several of them are holding or him getting his butt kicked...

Grew up a Husker fan.  Has a family member that attended Nebraska.  Said he had some FCS opportunities and other walk-on opportunities.

• Plus1 1

So I believe Henrich is supposed to commit this month. I thought I have seen a few other kids we have a shot at are committing this month. Is there any list out there like a watch list for kids who will commit by months end? With dates? 

Something to look forward to in dead period month. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So I believe Henrich is supposed to commit this month. I thought I have seen a few other kids we have a shot at are committing this month. Is there any list out there like a watch list for kids who will commit by months end? With dates? 

Something to look forward to in dead period month. 

Henrich and Johnson. 

We we have a good chance at one but not the other. 

1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just figured we would find out in july. A guy in the Washington thread said he could grade his test in 4.5 seconds.

That was me and we just got my son's test scores back from a test taken in early june.  So somewhere between 4.5 seconds and 4.5 weeks - sorry for the broad timeline.

16 hours ago, GBRFAN said:

That was me and we just got my son's test scores back from a test taken in early june.  So somewhere between 4.5 seconds and 4.5 weeks - sorry for the broad timeline.

It's absolutely ridiculous how long it takes to get back.  With technology on computers now days, they should be able to get the scores almost instantly.

• Plus1 4
8 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

It's absolutely ridiculous how long it takes to get back.  With technology on computers now days, they should be able to get the scores almost instantly.

Completely agree. I know they take time to analyze the results to determine if certain questions were worded poorly and missed by a majority of test takers. They will sometimes throw those out then, but it still shouldn't take more than a day or two.

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***