*** 2019 Recruiting ***

13 hours ago, deedsker said:

I know Mizzou had about 10 billboards on I-70 coming into Columbia with various messages mostly related to sports (volleyball, football, baseball(?), etc.). If it doesn't have the image of a certain recruit or their name, I would guess it is fine.

Must be then...... SEC schools always follow the rules

• Plus1 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Where have all the great Omaha players gone? This is still an amazing stat....

In 10 of the 12 seasons between 1986 and 1997, an I-back from Omaha led the Huskers in rushing.

I still think Kenton Keith was the most overlooked player out of Nebraska that didn't go to Nebraska. Kid was a freak of an athlete, but couldn't stay out of his own way. Would have started for the Colts the next season if he didn't mess up. 

• Plus1 1
16 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Where have all the great Omaha players gone? This is still an amazing stat....

In 10 of the 12 seasons between 1986 and 1997, an I-back from Omaha led the Huskers in rushing.

I still think Kenton Keith was the most overlooked player out of Nebraska that didn't go to Nebraska. Kid was a freak of an athlete, but couldn't stay out of his own way. Would have started for the Colts the next season if he didn't mess up. 

Definitely the production of Power 5 prospects out of the Metro has been down for awhile.  Not just RBs - though the run of RBs from there was crazy for a long time - but across the board.

4 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Definitely the production of Power 5 prospects out of the Metro has been down for awhile.  Not just RBs - though the run of RBs from there was crazy for a long time - but across the board.

I know they dont all play in Omaha. But there has been a good uptick of talent in my opinion starting last year through the next few years. Jurgens was a mid to high 4 star, Henrich is a mid to high 4 star, Hickman is a 4 star, 2020 you have a high 4 star almost 5 star in the bell west receiver

8 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I know they dont all play in Omaha. But there has been a good uptick of talent in my opinion starting last year through the next few years. Jurgens was a mid to high 4 star, Henrich is a mid to high 4 star, Hickman is a 4 star, 2020 you have a high 4 star almost 5 star in the bell west receiver

Jurgens not being in Omaha is exactly the point - much of the best talent in the state has been coming out of Class B/C for a bunch of years now.  

Heinrich and Hickman are a good start but then the next three for 2019 - Nelson, Snodgrass, Piper - are all B/C guys.  Maybe headed the right direction but seems like there should be more out of Class A.

Here's some research I did on the subject awhile ago.  I updated it with the current status of the 2019 class.

Crazy how down Class A in Nebraska has been for several years now when it comes to producing legit Power 5 prospects.

Here are the top five prospects from the state according to the 247 Composite and which class they played in high school.  Players the Husker got are highlighted red.  Players are crossed out if they didn't go to a Power 5 school (Marsh originally walked-on at NU then transferred).

2019 - Henrich (A), Hickman (A), Nelson (B), Snodgrass (B), Piper (C)

2018 - Jurgens (B), Mapieu (B), Williams (A), Schlager (B), Stai (B)

2017 - Allen (B), Walker (A), Bradley (A), Strom (A), Kitrell (B)

2016 - Fant (A), Bubak (C), Stille (B), Manchigiah (A), Cromer (B)

2015 - Neal (A), Decker (A), Holtorf (B), Johnson (A), Strong (A)

2014 - Foster (A), Phillips (A), Stoltenberg (B), Gifford (A), Rose (A)

2013 - Banderas (A), LaCouture (A), Minter (A), Bazata (D), Sayles (A)

2012 - Bender (A), Ott (D), Cotton (A), Rahmings (C), Grigsby (A)

2011 - Reeves (B), Sterup (C), Davie (B), Fisher (A), Lampkin (A)

2010 - Rodriguez (B), Evans (B), Dietz (A), Cotton (A), Marsh (A)

2009 - Lechner (A), Sellers (B), Zimmerer (B), Pensick (A), Davis (A)

So in the last 11 classes, only 12 class A players have signed with the Huskers and two of them (I believe) were walk-ons.  Six from Class A went to other Power 5 schools though LaCouture shouldn't really count.  

Over that same time frame, Class B has produced 11 Huskers (two walk-ons).  So Class A has only produced one more scholarship Husker over the last 11 years than Class B has.  Hickman is still pending.

• Plus1 3
  • Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***