*** 2019 Recruiting ***

Hearing about how quickly injured players are falling behind in our practices makes me think we won’t see Canty or Watt ever again. A can’t miss recruit like Elijah Blades would probably have a route back to the team after juco, but Canty and Watt will be so behind in development in our system that I think we can easily recruit over them unless they blow up as juco recruits.

• Plus1 1

21 hours ago, Caliborn72 said:

Hearing about how quickly injured players are falling behind in our practices makes me think we won’t see Canty or Watt ever again. A can’t miss recruit like Elijah Blades would probably have a route back to the team after juco, but Canty and Watt will be so behind in development in our system that I think we can easily recruit over them unless they blow up as juco recruits.

Watt is good enough to come back. He is D1 ready now.

11 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

I'm of the mind that they get at least one more QB in the 2019 class. 

I think Ziebol said above, the QB room for 2019:

Martinez

Vedral

Bunch

Masker

McCaffrey

I don't think we need another QB in the class.  I think Mavric suggested earlier that one QB a class should be good going forward.  I think he's right.  Especially with '19 and '20 locked down already.  

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, Minnesota_husker said:

Crazy with Minnesota. Minnesota has a lot of kids and some athletic ones at that.

Would be interesting to see that number for Basketball, Baseball and even hockey. 

i'm betting hockey takes a big chunk out of that number. I applied for a job up there once but didn't get it because i had never done hockey and they didn't want to go through the pain of training a new guy due to how big it is up there. Remove hockey and i bet a few more 3* plus guys show up in the talent pool for football.

4 hours ago, JoshSker said:

I think Ziebol said above, the QB room for 2019:

Martinez

Vedral

Bunch

Masker

McCaffrey

I don't think we need another QB in the class.  I think Mavric suggested earlier that one QB a class should be good going forward.  I think he's right.  Especially with '19 and '20 locked down already.  

I have no idea why, but I keep forgetting about Vedral. Him being eligible next year will go a long ways to strengthening the position. 

I'm still not sure that McCaffery will be a QB, so I wouldn't be opposed to another QB, even if it's a local kid. 

• Mavric changed the title to *** 2019 Recruiting ***