*** 2019 Recruiting ***

32 minutes ago, spurs1990 said:

Regardless, I'm happy to have him on the team and am not ready to say he's not worthy based on his first and only start.

Based on his first and only start, he isn't worthy.  That doesn't mean if he improves and gets more time that he still won't be worthy.  But there wasn't much evidence, in my opinion, that he did anything to deserve one.  Let alone make me feel better that he has one.

But it's one game.  Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Word is we think we could take up to 30 in this class.  But that's probably only if everything falls just right and we have a bunch of guys we really want.  But that would make it sound like 27-28 is a real possibility.

I really like this possibility.  It would speed up any transition to the new system....that is...if we get guys that we want that fit the system.

There will be another exodus this off season. 30 should be pretty easy to hit, will just use early enrollees to count backwards. I'm lazy - how much room to we have to count backwards? The back counting is always great... until the year before was also massive and there probably isn't room in that class either.

So..

If we brought in 50 new faces this past class including walk-ons.

Then..

We bring in 30 in this class + 20~ walk-ons in the 2019 class.

Equals..

100/130 Players in the program will be recruited by Frost or have chosen to stay in the program with him after 20 months. So the buy-in horse will definitely be dead come next season.

Cant wait! GBR

247 has an article about Frost saying there is not only a development gap but a recruiting gap between Nebraska and Michigan. 

We didn’t look like Michigan looked on Saturday and that’s the part that recruiting gets you,” 

We knew development had to get better but at least the acknowledgement that we need better recruits is now being publicly stated by him.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Scott-Frost-says-Nebraska-didnt-look-like-Michigan-in-a-lot-of-ways-on-Saturday-122460445/

• Plus1 2

We are at a level where i don't mind taking risk - Washington is a perfect example and i'm sure there are others.  Depth can be created by walkon's and top recruits that don't pan out.  The one's need to be superstars and in some cases we are going to have to gamble to get those types of guys.

16 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

247 has an article about Frost saying there is not only a development gap but a recruiting gap between Nebraska and Michigan. 

We didn’t look like Michigan looked on Saturday and that’s the part that recruiting gets you,” 

We knew development had to get better but at least the acknowledgement that we need better recruits is now being publicly stated by him.

https://247sports.com/college/nebraska/Article/Scott-Frost-says-Nebraska-didnt-look-like-Michigan-in-a-lot-of-ways-on-Saturday-122460445/

Loved this one from Frost:  

"“We ran a bunch of young guys out there, and we’ve got some young guys that are going to be great players, but they have 22-year-olds and we had 18-year-olds in some positions,” he said. “They’ve recruited well for several years with [Jim] Harbaugh, they’ve developed well, and that’s where I want us to be in a couple years. We’re going to fight right now, and the guys we’ve got are good enough to be a really good team if we put it all together."